Splendours of India
16 days from £2,499 per person
We LoveWitnessing a moving and spiritual holy ceremony from our boat on the Ganges while in India’s most sacred city, Varanasi.
Memorable moments come thick and fast on this India escorted tour. You’ll join pilgrims on the banks of the Ganges in the holy city of Varanasi. You’ll seek out tigers (plus sloth bears, monkeys and leopards) in Ranthambore National Park. And you’ll discover ornate palaces and temples in the colourful cities of Jaipur and Udaipur. We’ll also set aside a morning to visit the Taj Mahal - India’s most iconic monument, and a highlight of our holidays to India.
Your holiday includes:
15 excursions and visits
- City tours of New Delhi, Old Delhi, Udaipur and Jaipur
- Boat ride on Lake Pichola
- 3 game drives in Ranthambore National Park
- Train journeys from Sawai Madhopur to Bharatpur and from Agra to Jhansi
- Visits to Fatehpur Sikri, Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Chandela Dynasty temples
- City tour of Varanasi, including boat ride on the River Ganges, and Sarnath
- 14 nights in hotels and 1 in flight (accommodation as specified or similar)
- International and internal flights as detailed. Prices are based on return flights with Virgin Atlantic from London Heathrow. Supplements may apply from other airports
- 26 meals: 14 breakfasts (days 3-16) 3 lunches (days 6 and 8-9) 9 dinners (days 2, 4, 6, 8-10, 12-13 and 15)
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Titan tour manager
- Travel in destination by coach
Day 1 UK - In flight
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home for your flight to Delhi.
After arriving in Delhi early on day two, we’ll have some time to relax before heading out to explore New Delhi. The area’s tree-lined streets, parks and fountains gravitate to New Delhi’s fashionable centre, Connaught Place. We’ll drive along the ceremonial avenue, Rajpath, passing Parliament House, the President’s Residence and the imposing India Gate.
The following day is dedicated to Old Delhi. With narrow alleys, bustling bazaars, temples and mosques, this walled city is quite a contrast to New Delhi. We’ll visit the Gandhi memorial, India’s largest and most elegant mosque, and the UNESCO-listed tomb of the Mughal emperor Humayan.
- City tour of New Delhi (afternoon day 2)
- City tour of Old Delhi (morning day 3)
Le Meridien New Delhi (4-star) or The Grand (4-star)
On day four, we’ll fly to Udaipur, one of the finest creations of the Rajputs. Founded in the 16th century, Udaipur is a romantic collection of palaces, temples, parks and gardens, many of which line the shore of Lake Pichola. Once we reach our hotel, you’ll have the rest of the day at leisure to explore or maybe enjoy a sunset stroll down by the lake.
The following morning, we’ll start off with a sightseeing tour. The City Palace, now a museum, is a highlight, famed for its mirrored walls, ivory doors, coloured-glass windows and inlaid marble balconies. After the tour, we’ll enjoy a boat ride on the lake (water levels permitting).
- City tour of Udaipur (morning day 5)
- Boat ride on Lake Pichola (evening day 5)
Trident Udaipur (4.5-star), Ananta Resorts & Spa (4.5-star) or The LaLiT Laxmi Vilas Palace Udaipur (4.5-star)
We’ll journey by road from Udaipur to Jaipur, stopping for lunch along the way. We arrive in the afternoon, so you’ll have the remainder of the day to have a wander at your own pace. Jaipur is the state capital of Rajasthan, and known as the ‘Pink City’ for the red sandstone buildings housed in its old walled city.
On our full day here, we’ll have a sightseeing tour of the city. We’ll pass the Palace of Winds and visit the magnificent Amber Fort. Our tour also includes the City Palace Museum, where we’ll admire the Royal Wardrobe Collection.
- Amber Fort and city tour of Jaipur (all day, day 7)
LaLiT Jaipur (4.5-star) or Trident Jaipur (4.5-star)
From Jaipur, we’ll make our way to Ranthambore and its wildlife-filled national park. After lunch, we’ll head out on our first jungle game drive. The park covers an area of 410 square kilometres, and is home to rare Bengal tigers, leopards, monkeys, crocodiles and a whole host of birdlife. On our second day here, we’ll take another two game drives.
- Game drive (afternoon day 8)
- Game drive (early morning day 9)
- Game drive (afternoon day 9)
Ranthambore Regency (3.5-star)
From Ranthambore, we’ll take the train to Bharatpur and drive onwards to Fatehpur Sikri, a deserted sandstone city built by Emperor Akbar as his capital and palace during the 16th century. We then continue on to Agra, where we’ll spend the next two nights. Agra plays host to some spectacular monuments - Agra Fort, the Pearl Mosque, Jasmine Tower - but none capture the imagination quite like the Taj Mahal. Built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal, it’s one of the most extravagant monuments to love ever built. You’ll have some free time to explore, before we visit Agra Fort.
- Train journey from Sawai Madhopur to Bharatpur (morning day 10)
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri (afternoon day 10)
- Visit the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort (all day, day 11)
Trident Agra (4-star) or Taj Hotel & Convention Centre (4-star)
It’ll be an early start this morning as we take the Shatabdi Express train from Agra to Jhansi followed by a road transfer to Khajuraho.
- Train journey from Agra to Jhansi (morning)
The LaLiT, Khajuraho (4-star)
Khajuraho - Varanasi
Today we’ll visit the Chandela Dynasty temples. Set in a beautiful park, they rise spectacularly in peaks and spirals, and are intricately carved and designed with statues and friezes. We then transfer to the airport for our flight to Varanasi, where you’ll have the afternoon free to explore.
- Visit the Chandela Dynasty temples (morning)
Radisson Hotel Varanasi (4-star)
Morning sightseeing tour of Varanasi includes a boat ride on the River Ganges and some Hindu temples. Afternoon excursion to the buried Buddhist city of Sarnath.
- City tour of Varanasi, including boat ride on the River Ganges (morning)
- Visit Sarnath (afternoon)
Radisson Hotel Varanasi (4-star)
Varanasi - Delhi
After a morning at leisure, we’ll transfer to the airport for our flight to Delhi, where you’ll enjoy your final night in India.
- Game drive (early morning)
The Roseate House, Delhi (4-star)
Day 16 Delhi - UK
We transfer to the airport for your return flight to the UK. Upon arrival, your Titan vehicle will be waiting for the journey home.
Important information about your destinationPlease note: Game viewing is different to that in Africa and therefore sightings of the elusive tiger may be difficult.
Fly From Your Local Airport
International flights from regional airports are available* or choose a free connecting flight to London, with home transfers all included.
Please call 0800 988 5823 for more information.
*Subject to flight schedules and availability.