Titan's Protection Promise
Titan’s Protection Promise has been created to make sure you feel safe and secure when you choose to travel with us. Following current government guidelines we have worked to ensure that we have a clean environment throughout, follow current social distancing measures and prioritised your health and wellbeing. We will continue to monitor the situation to make sure you have a worry-free holiday, regularly updating our latest travel information.
We’re here, even before you’ve packed your bags…
Whether it’s before you depart for your trip or during your holiday, you will have round-the-clock support from our teams here in the UK and from your dedicated tour manager at your destination, as well as our 24-hour duty officers.
You can contact us at any time with questions, but due to the ever-changing situation, we will send you detailed up to date information that will cover all aspects of your holiday from start to finish a few weeks prior to your date of departure. Should you need to complete a COVID-19 health declaration, or a PCR test after returning home, we will contact you with all the information you need. Please note, we may need to send any COVID-19 health declarations to our trusted partners, who have this as a condition of acceptance before travel.
Hassle-free bookings and unlimited changes
When you book a holiday with us we want to make sure you can do so with confidence.
- Our Early Bird Price Promise means we’ll automatically pass on the difference if we lower the price of your holiday after you’ve booked.
- We introduced our Flexi Deposit to allow you to make unlimited changes to your holiday up until final payment, with no additional fee.*
- If we have to cancel your holiday, you can switch to another date or tour (changes in price will be confirmed at this time) or opt for a full cash refund within 14 days. No questions and no credit notes, guaranteed.
- We’re ABTA and ATOL bonded, so your money is safe with us.
*Fees may apply for non refundable flights or higher deposit tours, please ask one of our advisors for full details
Safeguarding your money
- All customers travelling on flight-inclusive holidays will be 100% financially protected as your money will now be held in a separate Trust account, overseen by the Civil Aviation Authority.
- Holidays without a flight, such as our UK short breaks and no-fly cruises, are also 100% protected by ABTA.
- If Titan has to cancel your holiday, you will get a no-quibble cash refund within 14 days.
- Book with confidence and be reassured your holiday, money, safety and wellbeing will be protected.
Our commitment to cleanliness
- Providing a clean environment for our customers is paramount.
- Titan has enhanced its cleaning regime across various points of its tours, from your VIP journey, coach transport in destination and at your hotels.
VIP Travel service
- Our vehicles will be deep cleaned after each journey.
- Current government guidelines do not currently permit shared private transfers for leisure purposes. If this remains in place at the time of your departure, we will arrange a private vehicle for each household.
- You will be required to wear a face covering for the duration of the journey, unless medically exempt.
- We're asking drivers to wear masks too but only if it doesn't interfere with their driving.
At the airport
- You will need to wear face coverings at airports and on board flights. We also suggest using hand sanitisers on a regular basis.
- Onboard service levels including food and drink choices may be amended.
- Our airline partners will regularly deep-clean their aircrafts. To read about what each airline is doing please click the following links: Air Canada, British Airways, Cathay, Pacific, Easyjet, Emirates, Eurostar, KLM, LATAM, Norwegian, QANTAS.
On coaches and excursions
- Coaches will operate at reduced capacity in line with government guidelines. Depending on tour numbers, two coaches may be required.
- All drivers will be fully trained to ensure they follow strict hygiene standards.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided and must be used before entering and leaving the coach.
- You will need to wear a face covering while on board.
- We may need to restrict our seat-rotation policy, meaning your seat will be assigned. Solo travelers will be provided with a window seat with an empty seat beside them where possible.
- Coaches will be rigorously cleaned before each journey, and frequent touchpoints sanitised multiple times a day, including handrails, tables and doors.
- Where possible fresh air will be circulating the coach as frequently as possible. We will also ensure air filters are checked, cleaned and replaced regularly.
- We will use sanitised personal audio devices on excursions where possible in order to adhere to social distancing rules.
- We will ensure that all attractions we visit will adhere to local requirements on hygiene and social distancing. At some attractions you may need to wear face coverings.
At our hotels
- All hotels must adhere to Titan’s enhanced hygiene standards, as well as all local requirements for cleanliness and social distancing measures.
- Enhanced sanitisation and deep cleaning of rooms, including touch-point surfaces such as switches, handles and remote controls.
- Frequent deep-cleaning of all public areas, including reception, elevators, restaurants, bar and pool.
At mealtimes and dining
- Restaurants, whether in or outside of hotels, must also adhere to strict hygiene procedures, including sanitising your hands before being seated. Tables may be spread apart depending on social distancing requirements.
- You will still get a great choice of tempting and tasty meals, but self-service buffets are not currently an option, meaning that meals will be served to you either at your table or from the buffet counter.
Trusting our respected partners
- We are always committed to teaming up with like-minded and trusted partners who share our core values and will also have to follow strict safety procedures while Titan customers are travelling with them.
- For the safety and reassurance of you and other members of your group, we require all customers to obtain a negative result from a lateral flow test within 24 hours of departure and to log their result with the NHS. This requirement is irrespective of your vaccination status.
- We understand that meeting new people and sharing experiences with fellow Titan guests is an important part of our holidays. We ask you to observe the ‘rule of six’ when sitting in an indoor setting e.g. a bar or restaurant, and to keep a safe distance (1m plus) with guests outside your household throughout your holiday.
- Your tour manager will greet all guests on arrival at the hotel to help you check-in.
- Due to government guidance your welcome meeting may not take place in the same way you may be used to. Your tour manager will be able to update you on arrival how and when you will receive your welcome meeting with all the required information about your upcoming holiday.
- Following the rule of six protocols, guests will be able to meet, eat and drink in an indoor setting in groups up to six, from any number of different households. You’ll also be able to meet, eat or drink in a larger group (up to 30 people) in an outside setting.
- We strongly recommend that all customers have travel insurance that includes cover against COVID-19 for any cancellation, repatriation, or quarantine needs.
All guests will be required to wear a face covering where it is required by law, unless medically exempt. For more information about face coverings and exemptions please visit the government’s website here.
Our Protection Promise ensures that all our customers can travel with confidence, from a low-cost Flexi Deposit and no-quibble refund should your holiday be cancelled, to stringent cleaning procedures and expert support; we know you’ll be in safe hands.
Whilst our Protection Promise extends to all Titan holidays, we want to make sure our river cruise passengers will know what to expect. As an industry, river cruising has created specific protocols to help ensure a safe holiday. Our carefully selected cruise partners will adhere to all local COVID-19 guidelines.
Before boarding the ship
- A health declaration will be required and will be collected prior to boarding.
- Your temperature will be checked before boarding using an infrared thermometer, and your luggage will be sanitised.
- There will be a socially distanced boarding process.
- All passengers and staff must always sanitise their hands when boarding.
Our commitment to cleanliness
- All crew will be PCR-tested prior to embarking the ships, will be quarantined appropriately following regulations, and will have valid medical certificates.
- Crew are trained in new sanitary regulations. Existing cleaning and disinfection plans and logs will be further enhanced. They will also receive daily temperature checks and ongoing health screenings, and wear face coverings when required.
- Each cabin will be deep-cleaned before your arrival.
- Daily sanitisation of door handles, remote controls, telephone, etc. in the cabins.
- Public areas and touchpoints will be sanitised regularly throughout each day.
- The restaurant will be deep cleaned before each meal.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided throughout the ship.
- Perspex screens will be in place at the reception and cruise director desks.
- Bar staff will only serve drinks to passengers at their seats in the lounge, and seating will be arranged to meet social distancing guidelines.
Dining and meals on board
- Restaurants will be reconfigured to adhere to social distancing requirements. Depending on the number of customers on board, two sitting for meals may be required.
- Self-service buffet meals will not be available. The staff will serve meals from the buffet area.
- Seating at meal times will be assigned.
- The crew will use PPE in the kitchen and restaurant, including face coverings and gloves.
- Book your required COVID tests. Full details on how and where to book your COVID tests will be confirmed a few weeks prior to your departure.
- Ensure you are symptom free before leaving home.
- Observe social distancing.
- Pack enough masks for your holiday. For surgical type masks you will require one for every four hours of air travel.
- Pack alcohol based hand sanitiser. Remember only 100ml of liquid is allowed onboard an aircraft.
- Pack alcohol based wipes to clean surfaces.
- If possible, download the airline app and travel through the airport contactless (or check in and print boarding pass at home).
- Inflight food is likely to be limited, therefore our recommendation is to buy food to take onboard your flight. Particularly if you have dietary requirements.
- There may be additional restrictions on hand luggage, so do keep only what you need for the journey in your hand luggage.
- Ensure you meet all the entry requirements for the countries you’re visiting.
Government guidelines are continually changing. Whilst we’ll endeavor to tell you if there are any material changes and to amend our Protection Promise guidance to reflect them, it is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and adhere to all entry requirements for the countries you’re visiting (and what’s required upon your return to the UK). Our partners at CIBT have created an accurate tool to help you easily check requirements, which you can find below. In addition, the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office’s travel advice also contains information on entry requirements.
Why choose a Titan Travel tour or cruise?
Our award-winning collection of holidays covers all seven continents, with carefully planned itineraries ranging from rail journeys and river cruises, to small-group adventures and trips exclusively for solo travellers
Our promise that we will ensure your holiday is safe and secure
VIP Travel Service on every holiday
Smooth transfers to and from home with unlimited mileage
98% would book again
Holiday reviews and ratings from verified Titan travellers
Early Bird Price Promise
Early bookers will never pay more than last-minute bookers