Sri Lanka holidays
Sri Lanka is a teardrop-shaped Indian Ocean island of dense forests, glittering temples, and golden beaches. Oh, and don’t forget the charming hillside tea plantations that produce some of the globe’s finest cuppas.
Explore this welcoming country on our Sri Lanka tours and you’ll see elements of its ancient history, as well as its British and European colonial past. Legendary temples, many of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites, tell stories which took place thousands of years ago, linking back to the country’s two significant ethnic groups – the Sinhalese and Tamils. Both groups tell fascinating and contrasting versions of Sri Lanka’s past, including the origins of the many temples and Buddhist shrines.
Visit Sri Lanka's national parks and reserves and you might spot leopards, sloth bears, sambar deer, wild buffalo and an abundance of beautiful birds - it truly is paradise for nature enthusiasts and wildlife lovers.
Whether it's walking on pristine white-sand beaches, soaking up mountain views, discovering the scenic Royal Botanical Gardens, or admiring a thousand-year-old temple, you are bound to end your Sri Lanka holiday feeling inspired.
More Information about Sri Lanka
Our tours to Sri Lanka have been carefully designed to ensure you really get under the skin of this incredible island. You'll see and do lots, with expert guides on hand to bring each location to life.
Your holiday includes our award-winning VIP door-to-door travel service from anywhere on the UK mainland, and carefully chosen accommodation at every step of your journey. During your trip, your dedicated tour manager works to ensure your holiday is never less than memorable - all you have to do is sit back, relax and wait for one of the world's most incredible countries to come you.
- Visit Kandy, home to the Temple of the Sacred Tooth which houses Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relic – a tooth of the Buddha
- Take a safari in Yala National Park, where wild elephants and leopards roam
- Discover the story behind Sigiriya, where a 5th century fortress lays in ruin atop a stand-alone rock plateau
- Watch out for tuktuks in Colombo, weaving between the capital’s corporate skyscrapers, landmark temples, colonial architecture and street markets
- Imagine life in the days of the British Raj as you explore the charming English-style hill station of Nuwara Eliya
- Be transfixed at the Udawalawe Elephant Transit Home, which rehabilitates the gentle giants
- Spend nights in Hiriwaduna, in the depths of the jungle
Flight time from London to Sri Lanka is approximately 10 hours 40 minutes.
Receive inspiration in your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter for holiday inspiration and the latest special offers
Why choose a Titan Travel tour or cruise?
Our award-winning collection of holidays covers all seven continents, with carefully planned itineraries ranging from rail journeys and river cruises, to small-group adventures and trips exclusively for solo travellers.
VIP travel service
Smooth transfers to and from home with unlimited mileage
From excursions to hotels, entry tickets and dining packages, we include more than any other tour.
Be guided by some of the most passionate and knowledgeable tour managers in the world, on hand to help every step of the way.
Feel free to amend or extend your travel plans, up until final payment, and enjoy free time on your tour with us too.