Rail and Tour
Trans Canadian Rail Odyssey
Vancouver and Toronto - two of Canada’s greatest cities - are separated by more than 4,000km of sweeping prairies, dense alpine forest, glittering lakes and craggy, snow-capped mountains. After touring Toronto and taking in the might of Niagara Falls, sit back and relax aboard ‘The Canadian’ and the iconic Rocky Mountaineer as you travel through the cinematic scenery this country is famous for. Conclude your trip with time in vibrant Vancouver.
6 excursions and visits
- City tours of Toronto and Vancouver
- Full-day excursion to Niagara Falls
- Sightseeing tours of Jasper National Park and Banff (including Lake Louise)
- Columbia Icefield Glacier Adventure
- 9 nights in hotels, 3 nights on board ‘The Canadian’ train and 1 in flight (accommodation as specified or similar)
- International flights. Prices are based on return flights with Air Canada from London Heathrow. Supplements may apply from other airports
- VIA Rail ‘The Canadian’ (3 nights). Accommodation in berths - open, curtained compartments with an upper and lower bed converting into two couch-style seats facing each other during the day
- Rocky Mountaineer SilverLeaf Service (2 days)
- 13 meals: 5 breakfasts (days 4-6 and 10-11) 3 brunches (days 3-5) 2 lunches (days 10-11) 3 dinners (days 3-5)
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Titan tour manager
- Travel in destination by coach
UK - Toronto
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home for your flight to Toronto. On arrival we transfer to the Chelsea Hotel (3-star).
Chelsea Hotel, Toronto (3-star)
Niagara Falls - Toronto
Today, we experience one of nature’s greatest spectacles - Niagara Falls. An optional excursion will be available to take a boat trip to the base of the falls. On return to Toronto, we’ll enjoy a city tour.
Day 3 ‘The Canadian’
This morning, we board VIA Rail’s flagship train ‘The Canadian’ for our journey west.
Day 4 ‘The Canadian’
As you wake this morning to the hypnotic sound of the train moving over the tracks, our journey continues through Ontario towards Manitoba. We have the whole day to relax and take advantage of VIA Rail’s fantastic service.
Day 5 ‘The Canadian’ (Winnipeg)
In the distant horizon stands Winnipeg, where we make a scheduled stop this morning, giving us time to stretch our legs on terra firma. We continue our journey this afternoon through Manitoba’s prairies and into Saskatchewan, before crossing into Alberta.
‘The Canadian’ (Edmonton) - Jasper
‘The Canadian’ makes a brief stop this morning in Edmonton, provincial capital of Alberta, before completing our journey through Jasper National Park to the town of Jasper. On arrival this afternoon we make our way to our hotel for the next two nights, the Lobstick Lodge (3-star). Enjoy some time exploring this easy-going alpine town with its many restaurants, cafés and brewpubs.
Lobstick Lodge, Jasper (3-star)
Today we board our coach for a tour of Jasper National Park, with a visit to the picturesque Maligne Lake, Maligne Canyon and the shores of Medicine Lake. The rest of the day is free to relax or maybe get active with so many options to choose from.
Jasper - Columbia Icefield - Banff
This morning we take the Icefield Parkway from Jasper National Park to Banff National Park. The halfway point is the spectacular Columbia Icefield, one of the biggest accumulations of ice and snow south of the Arctic Circle. Here we take an included Ice Explorer ride on to the surface of the Athabasca Glacier (subject to favourable weather conditions). Our hotel for the next two nights is the Banff Caribou Lodge (3.5-star).
Banff Caribou Lodge (3.5-star)
Banff - Lake Louise - Banff
Today we tour the surrounds of Banff and the lake areas, which include Moraine Lake and famous Lake Louise. At Lake Louise you have the opportunity to take a gondola to the mountaintop for superb views and photo opportunities or visit the Chateau, a unique luxury hotel with its gardens leading to the lakeshore. Returning to Banff and our hotel, you are free this evening to experience the nightlife of this lovely mountain resort.
Rocky Mountaineer (Banff - Kamloops)
This morning we have an early start to board the Rocky Mountaineer train for a trip of a lifetime through the Rocky Mountains. Your journey offers an exhilarating range of scenery combined with exceptional comfort and service to ensure you have a memorable journey. We travel through tunnels, along rocky lakeshores and across the ranch lands of the interior. Today’s highlights include the Continental Divide, the Spiral Tunnels, Kicking Horse Canyon and Rogers Pass. We arrive in Kamloops early this evening. Your accommodation in Kamloops is arranged by Rocky Mountaineer.
Hotel in Kamloops
Rocky Mountaineer (Kamloops - Vancouver)
We continue our journey west on the iconic Rocky Mountaineer. You will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the desert-like environment of the interior, through winding river canyons and forests surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the lush green fields of the Fraser River Valley. We will pass along the Thompson River and the rushing waters of Hell’s Gate in the Fraser Canyon. You will bid farewell to your onboard hosts in Vancouver. Our home for the next two nights is the Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown (4-star).
Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown (4-star)
Today is free to explore Vancouver at your leisure or maybe take the optional excursion to Vancouver Island.
Day 13 Vancouver - In flight
Enjoy a morning city tour of Vancouver with a stop at Granville Island for some free time. Transfer to the airport for your overnight return flight to the UK.
Day 14 UK
Upon arrival, your Titan vehicle will be waiting for the journey home.
Important information about your destinationVisa is not included, please call for details The deposit due for this holiday is £700pp
Upgrade to GoldleafTravel in a custom-designed, bi-level, glass-domed GoldLeaf Service coach that places you right in the middle of the awe-inspiring scenery of the Canadian Rockies. Take in the dazzling vistas upstairs and enjoy delicious meals downstairs. From the attentive service provided by the Rocky Mountaineer Hosts to the gourmet meals prepared by award-winning chefs - GoldLeaf Service is quite simply as good as it gets.
A GoldLeaf Service journey will enjoy:
- Fully domed windows that give you unparalleled 360 degree views from your seat in the upper-level of our custom designed bi-level dome coach with an exclusive outdoor vestibule in the lower level of your dome coach.
- Hot gourmet breakfasts and lunches from an á la carte menu, served in the lower-level dining room of your dome coach, with tempting snacks throughout the journey.
- Complimentary beverages, including wine, beer, spirits, and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Captivating storytelling told by our engaging hosts
- Each GoldLeaf Service coach has a full culinary team and three or four Onboard Hosts.
- Overnight hotel accommodation in Kamloops or Whistler and Quesnel
Prices start from £429 per person. To upgrade or for more information please call 0800 988 5823.