Titan's Safe Travel
With so many Covid-related rules and restrictions in place, it can be hard to keep track of what you need to do before, during and after your holiday. We’ve put this information together to help you understand what’s currently required – and we’ll be updating it regularly in accordance with official guidance. If you have any further questions about your holiday or are still unsure what’s required for your particular destination, please get in touch with our travel advisors.
- Sign up for UK Government Travel Advice alerts for the country(s) you are visiting and take action on all requirements.
- Have proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status ready.
- Book and take any tests required before you depart on holiday, if required.
- Complete any forms and/or download mobile apps that are required by your destination, in advance of travel.
- Book and pay for your day-2 test to be taken following your return home, if required at date of travel (not required for arrivals into the UK from 4am 11 February 2022).
- Ensure you have the ability to receive and open emails whilst abroad.
- Have a sufficient supply of face masks.
Whilst on holiday
- Complete the online UK Government Passenger Locator Form.
- Take a “test to return”, if required at the time of travel (not required from 7 January 2022).
Upon returning home
- Take your day 2 test, if required at the time of travel (not required for arrivals into the UK from 4am 11 February 2022).
Detailed information on these points are shown further down on this page and tour/ country specific information will be confirmed with your final documentation. All information relates only to those who are fully vaccinated.
Titan’s Protection Promise has been created to make sure you feel safe and secure when you choose to travel with us. Please find out more here https://www.titantravel.co.uk/protection-promise.
Our highest priority is always the wellbeing and safety of our customers. For this reason, we've made the decision to introduce - with immediate effect - a policy that requires all customers travelling with Titan until 31 December 2022 to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement adds an extra layer to Titan's Protection Promise, created to make sure you feel safe during every part of your journey with us.
The following link describes the options to demonstrate your vaccination status: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-status.
The proof (printed or via the NHS App) must be dated after 1 November 2021 and are only valid for 20 days and then you will require a new version downloaded or issued. You will need to have your proof with you throughout your holiday, ready to present when required.
We ask that you read and understand the entry requirements detailed in the UK Government Travel Advice: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice and recommend that you sign up to receive updates for the country(s) you will be travelling to. The information will include information such as requirements for you to complete forms, take COVID-19 tests and/or prove vaccination status before and after you depart.You can also view a summary from our partner, CIBT by visiting: https://www.titantravel.co.uk/protection-promise
It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep up to date with and adhere to the requirements set out by the UK and destination governments.
Testing requirements are split broadly into three areas:
1. Testing required by the destination to be visited, taken in advance of travel.
This may be required and the latest information is found on the Entry Requirements page of the UK Government Travel Advice for the country you are visiting: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice.
2. UK Government required “test to return”, before your return home.
From 7 January 2022 this test is not required.
3. UK Government required “Day2” test, following your return home.
Day 2 test - You must book and pay for this test in advance of travel and take it within 2 days of returning home. The day you return home is day 0.
For arrivals into the UK between 9 January and 10 January 2022 this can be a Lateral Flow test. For arrivals into the UK from 4am 11 February no "Day 2" test is required.
Randox Health are a leading provider of testing solutions who have already conducted over 13 million COVID-19 tests in the UK. Simply visit the Randox Health website https://covid.randox.com/, choose your required package and enter the code TITAN into the ‘Coupon Code’ box for your discount to be applied to the home delivery options.
Note that for postal PCR tests, this service requires you to drop your sample at approved drop boxes or specified locations and you should ensure you can travel to one of these locations before committing to the service. For Lateral Flow tests you will need to download an App to upload your results and receive confirmation. See the Randox website for more information.
The Travel Visa Company
We are pleased to partner with The Travel Visa Company for both COVID-19 testing and the UK Passenger Locator Form (UK PLF).
The UK PLF is a free online government form required to enter back into the UK. It can only be completed 48 hours prior to returning, meaning it must be completed whilst on holiday.
The Travel Visa Company offer a unique service where they will take the relevant details from you in advance of travel and then complete the form on your behalf at the appropriate time before emailing the confirmation to you 24 hours before you return home, meaning that you can relax in the knowledge that no action is required whilst on holiday. There is a fee for this service. You must have access to an email address whilst abroad so that you are able to produce your UK PLF for your return journey.
To order your postal test and/or UK passenger locator form: Visit the Titan Customer Portal: https://thetravelvisacompany.co.uk/titan-travel.
To use the lateral flow service you must have access to an internet enabled device to be able to upload a photo or video of your test. The Travel Visa Company will send you instructions on how to do this.
If you need any assistance from The Travel Visa Company please call 01270 904 907 or email [email protected]
Please note: COVID 19 testing services are provided by accredited third party suppliers and not Titan. Titan Travel assumes no responsibility for such services. Should you choose to purchase any COVID 19 testing services from these suppliers, their terms and conditions will apply. Titan is not advertising COVID 19 testing services as a travel service and such services do not form part of a Titan package holiday. Titan is not responsible for the quality, timeliness or the results of any COVID 19 testing and any impact this may have on your ability to travel.
- All customers must complete the Passenger Locator Form within 48 hours before you are due to arrive back in the UK: www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk.
- You will need a device or access to a device that can access the internet whilst abroad in order to complete the form, and receive the confirmation email back, which you will need to show during your inbound flight check-in process.
- A separate form needs to be completed for each person, and you will require:
- Passport details.
- Outbound departure date.
- Date and time of your return to the UK.
- Return airline name, flight number.
- COVID-19 test booking reference number for your post-return test (you cannot complete the form without this).
- Please note, you do not have to create an account, but it may speed up the completion of the form if you do this in advance of travel.
- If you live in the Channel Islands you may also need to complete additional forms. Please visit the relevant Jersey or Guernsey government websites for details.
- You may take advantage of the services provided by The Travel Visa Company to have this completed in advance of travel.
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms prior to departure, please follow all government guidance and contact Titan’s After-sales Team on 0800 988 5823 as soon as possible. If you or a member of your tour has symptoms or a confirmed case of COVID-19, whilst on holiday, please be assured that our Tour Managers and office based team are aware of the local regulations and will ensure the appropriate action is taken in terms of your welfare.
Some countries require you to fill in a health declaration before you enter the country. This can be filled in online and will be emailed to you to show when you enter. You’ll also receive any pre-departure rest results via email and will need to show this too.
Most airlines still have masks as requirement on board their aircraft. Make sure you have enough so they can be changed every four hours You will also need to wear masks on our VIP vehicles, coaches when transferring to your hotel or river cruise, as well as on excursions.
There will be some destinations where it will be mandatory to wear a medical face mask or a mask of the standards KN95 / N95 or FFP2. A medical face mask has a CE mark as a medical product on the packaging. They are usually green or blue on the front (outside) and white on the back (inside). These products are readily available to purchase in Boots, for example. Please note that a simple cloth mouth and nose covering is not sufficient in these instances.
In some countries there are no exemptions from wearing a face mask.
Why choose a Titan Travel tour or cruise?
Our award-winning collection of holidays covers all seven continents, with carefully planned itineraries ranging from rail journeys and river cruises, to small-group adventures and trips exclusively for solo travellers
Our promise that we will ensure your holiday is safe and secure
VIP Travel Service on every holiday
Smooth transfers to and from home with unlimited mileage
97% would book again
Holiday reviews and ratings from verified Titan travellers
Early Bird Price Promise
Early bookers will never pay more than last-minute bookers