Introducing the Royal Clipper and the Star Clipper
Star Clippers offers a cruise experience that is like no other, providing a sea-going adventure with all the atmosphere and character of traditional sailing combined with the comfort and luxury found on most modern cruise ships. Find your very own world of privacy on one of the hidden balconies, or go to even further lengths to get the best seat in the house; passengers are invited to climb the mast (with safety harness provided!) and take in the views from the converted crow’s nest which not only offers the chance for a brief moment of reflection, but also provides the most unparalleled views of the lands and seas around you.
And if your time isn’t taken up by searching out distant lands from the crow’s nest or enjoying a lovingly prepared meal in the dining room you can always take a seat in the observation lounge, relax in the library or pamper yourself in the spa and health club. Here you will even find underwater glass portholes which mean that even the secrets of the deep are open to those who sail aboard a Star Clippers ship.
On a Star Clippers cruise you are not restricted to enforced schedules, nor are you expected to follow anyone’s lead but your own. Your days, evenings and nights are yours to spend however you wish and nobody will tell you otherwise. Upon docking at certain ports, local performers may be brought on board for your entertainment. This presents the perfect opportunity for you to immerse yourself in different cultures and enjoy an authentic taste of the arts and music from various different countries.
Get to know your fellow shipmates, who are likely to share the same passion for sailing as you do, whilst music from tropical lands fills your eardrums courtesy of the live band playing in the background.
Dine out on a comprehensive menu of international foods that are all prepared by the passionate, professional chefs. You’ll be able to taste delights from around the world and go on your own little culinary tour of the places you visit (and some that you don’t).
- Breakfast: In the morning, you can help yourself to a superb continental spread including a fine selection of toasted English muffins, delicious Danish pastries and flavoursome French croissants. Conversely, you can start the day with a hot breakfast which is cooked exactly to your liking and includes crisp bacon, grilled sausage, smoked salmon and omelettes.
- Lunch: When lunch comes around, you will be greeted with the glorious sight of an extensive buffet. Options will include seafood, salads and grilled favourites as you treat your taste buds to an adventure of their own.
- Dinner: Perhaps the best culinary offerings are saved for the evening meal though, as the chef treats you to some delicious delicacies that look good on the plate, taste great on the palate and are perfectly complemented by an outstanding selection of fine wines.
There’s nothing so easy and pleasurable as falling asleep to the gentle rhythms of the ship and sea – unless it’s awakening refreshed the next morning to a new-born day. The many staterooms on board offer everything you need and would expect from any luxury retreat. The en-suite facilities are in the form of a beautifully marbled bathroom and there is also a
- Personal safe
- Direct-dial telephone
- Television with in-house video
- DVD player
- Comfortable furnishings throughout.
The cabin décor is tastefully traditional and you’ll find the accoutrements of a luxurious classic yacht, where everything has been cleverly designed for comfort, ease and efficiency. All in all, the accommodation aboard Royal Clipper provides the perfect setting for day dreams and nights of uninterrupted relaxation. Rest assured.