Solo - Magnificent Turkey Tour - Istanbul to Antalya
We LoveTaking in the colourful sights of the Grand Bazaar and breathing in the heady aromas of the Spice Market. Bringing high-action films to life at Troy as we see a replica of the famed wooden horse that gave the Greek warriors undercover access to the city.
From the ancient streets of Ephesus and the storied halls of Istanbul’s Topkapı Palace, to poignant World War I battlefields, our week-long Turkey tours bring this country’s fascinating past to life. Starting with a city break in Istanbul, we’ll then sweep southwards to Gallipoli and eastwards along the Turkish Riviera, touring Greek theatres, Roman baths and ancient stadia as we go. It's not all about history, though. Our holidays give you the chance to really experience Turkey, too - sip proper Turkish coffee in the Grand Bazaar, enjoy lunch with locals, and learn to prepare traditional dishes. Get ready for a true taste of Turkey.
Your holiday includes:
13 excursions and visits
- Istanbul city tour (including Hippodrome of Constantinople, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapı Palace Museum)
- Coffee tasting in the Grand Bazaar
- Istanbul tour (including Süleymaniye Mosque, Egyptian Spice Bazaar & the Sunken Cistern)
- Tour of Gallipoli battlefields
- Sunset drink at the Dardanelles, Bergama village lunch experience and picnic in Selcuk with cooking and carpet weaving demonstration
- Visits to Troy, Pergamon, Ephesus & House of the Virgin Mary, Aphrodisias, Pamukkale-Hieropolis and Perge
- 7 nights in hotels (accommodation as specified or similar)
- International flights. Prices are based on return flights with Turkish Airlines from London Gatwick. Supplements may apply from other airports
- 13 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8) 2 lunches (days 5-6) 4 dinners (days 4-7)
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Local Titan tour manager
- Travel in destination by coach
Gallipoli - Canakkale
A five-hour drive alongside the Sea of Marmara will bring us to the Gallipoli peninsula. This area is steeped in history, so our guide will talk us through the importance of the Dardanelles strait and the part it played during the First World War as we go.
Arriving at Gallipoli, we’ll tour the battlefields, scene of the aborted Allied invasion of 1915, visiting Cape Helles, Suvla Bay and Anzac Cove. Before dinner, we’ll enjoy a glass of wine while watching sunset over the waters of the Dardanelles - a lovely chance to reflect on the day together.
- Tour of Gallipoli battlefields (afternoon)
- Sunset drink at the Dardanelles (evening)
Buyuk Truva Hotel, Canakkale (4-star)
Troy - Pergamon - Kusadasi
The World Heritage Site of Troy is our destination this morning. Uncover 4,000 years of history as you stroll around this ancient archaeological site, immortalised in Homer’s epic, ‘The Iliad’.
For lunch, we’ll head to the nearby village of Bergama. Splitting into smaller groups, we’ll visit local houses, chatting with our hosts as we enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal. We’ll continue to the Greco-Roman city of Pergamon, admiring its acropolis, temples and 10,000-seat theatre. From here, we drive south to Kusadasi.
- Visit to Troy (morning)
- Bergama village lunch experience (afternoon)
- Visit to Pergamon (afternoon)
Ilayda Avantgarde Hotel, Kusadasi (4-star)
Ephesus - Aphrodisias - Pamukkale
Ephesus is first on our agenda today. The remains of this ancient Greek city are remarkably well preserved and protected by UNESCO. We’ll see the famous façade of the Celsus Library, mosaicked pedestrian walkways and roads scored with ruts from chariot wheels. We’ll also stop at the House of the Virgin Mary, just outside Ephesus, where Mary was believed to have spent her final years.
Lunch will be a picnic in the sunny gardens of a cooperative in nearby Selcuk. Get involved with the cooking if you like, or simply sit back and enjoy your surroundings. While we’re here, you’ll have the chance to see how traditional carpets are hand-woven.
After lunch, we’ll visit the beautiful classical site of Aphrodisias, with its stadium and temple of Aphrodite, before continuing to our hotel in Pamukkale.
- Visit to Ephesus & House of the Virgin Mary (morning)
- Picnic in Selcuk with cooking and carpet weaving demonstration (afternoon)
- Visit to Aphrodisias (afternoon)
Spa Hotel Colossae Thermal Pamukkale (5-star)
Pamukkale - Perge - Antalya
Explore Pamukkale-Hieropolis this morning, a spa and wellness resort popular with the Romans. See the necropolis and 2nd-century theatre, and photograph the dream-like white travertine terraces, filled with pools of mineral-rich water.
We’ll continue to Perge, an ancient Roman city once visited by St Paul, and then Antalya, a historic port city where we’ll end our tour.
- Visit to Pamukkale-Hieropolis (morning)
- Visit to Perge (afternoon)
Best Western Plus Khan Hotel, Antalya (4-star)
Day 8 Antalya - UK
Today we depart for the airport and your return flight to the UK. Upon arrival, your Titan vehicle will be waiting for the journey home.