Tulip Time Cruise
Including the beautiful Keukenhof Gardens
The beautiful waterways of the Netherlands and Belgium make the Low Countries ideal destinations for river cruising, and there’s no better time to visit than spring, when the tulips are in full bloom. You’ll experience the real highlights of these two countries on this delightful seven-night cruise, spending time exploring Amsterdam, Antwerp and Ghent as well as Arnhem, site of one of the largest Allied air operations of the Second World War, and the pretty town of Hoorn. There will also be an excursion to Kinderdijk, famous for its many windmills, and to the lovely Keukenhof Gardens to view the millions of multi-coloured tulips.
Included excursions and visits: 10
- City tour of Amsterdam
- Choice of Hoorn tulips and bulb fields, a visit to a ship replica and walking tour or a bike tour
- Choice of excursion to Arnhem, Kröller Müller Museum or Arnhem bike tour
- Choice of walking tour of Antwerp or Rubens house
- Chocolates & waffle tasting or Antwerp bike tour
- Choice of Bruges, Ghent walking tour and chocolate tasting or bike tour
- Choice of The Hague and Delft city tour, Delta Works tour or Rotterdam bike tour
- Visit to Kinderdijk windmills
- Excursion to Keukenhof Gardens
- Choice of Amsterdam canal cruise, Zaanse Schans or Jordaan district walk
- 7 nights cruise on AmaWaterways vessel
- Finely appointed riverview staterooms/suites, marble bathrooms, plush bedding & robes/slippers
- All meals on board, prepared by expert chefs using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Unlimited drinks on board during lunch and dinner, including wine, beer and soft drinks
- Cocktail reception and Captain’s gala dinner
- Highest level of service - 1 staff member to 3 guests
- All entertainment plus lectures and cooking demonstrations
- Shore excursions in every port with knowledgeable local guides
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- Complimentary use of bicycles and guided bike tours
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Free connecting flights to London
- Check-in service by Titan staff
- Services of an experienced AmaWaterways Cruise Manager and their expert crew
- Scheduled British Airways direct flights
- Porterage (one bag per person)
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- Port taxes & UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Day 1 - London - Amsterdam
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home, for your journey to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airport for a direct, scheduled British Airways flight to Amsterdam. Upon arrival you will be met by your AmaWaterways representative and transferred to embark AmaKristina (5T), AmaLea (5T) or AmaPrima (5T). This evening, enjoy a welcome dinner on board.
Day 2 - Amsterdam - Hoorn
We enjoy a panoramic city tour around some of the highlights of this beautiful city, before returning to the ship for lunch. We sail along the Ijsselmeer towards Hoorn, where you have a choice of either visiting a tulip farm and driving through fields of bulbs, or visiting ‘De Halve Maen’, a Dutch East India Company replica ship, followed by a walking tour of Hoorn.
Day 3 - Arnhem - Nijmegen
This morning we arrive in the city of Arnhem, where you can choose between three included tours. On the first tour, you’ll learn more about the 1944 Battle of Arnhem, visiting the rebuilt ‘bridge too far’ which was the focus of the British attack, now named John Frost Bridge in honour of the commander of the operation, and the Airborne Museum, dedicated to that fateful campaign. Alternatively, you can visit the Kröller Müller Museum, which houses the second largest Van Gogh collection in the world, or join a guided bike ride through Arnhem. After lunch aboard the ship we sail on to Nijmegen where you will have some free time, perhaps visiting the city’s intriguing museums and medieval church. This evening we continue cruising through the Netherlands into Belgium.
Day 4 - Antwerp
There are two excursions this morning - choose to join an included walking tour of Antwerp, and see the sights of this fine city including the imposing Het Steen fortress, Grote Markt (Great Market Square) and the Brabo Fountain. Or visit the former home of the Flemish Baroque painter, Rubens. This afternoon you are free to explore Antwerp at your own pace. Alternatively, you might like to join a Belgian chocolates and waffle-tasting excursion, or a guided bike ride. After dinner, your ship departs for Ghent.
Day 5 - Ghent
Today, choose to join an excursion to Bruges, one of Europe’s best preserved medieval cities and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Alternatively you can stay in Ghent and choose between a walking tour and chocolate tasting, that introduces you to some of the highlights, including the 91m-high Belfry, St Bavo’s Cathedral and the 12th century Gravensteen (Castle of the Counts), or a guided bike ride.
Day 6 - Rotterdam - Kinderdijk - Schoonhoven
This morning there are three ways to discover Rotterdam: journey to see The Hague, followed by a visit to the manufacturing base for the hand-painted blue pottery Delftware, Delft, also known for its canals and historic town centre; explore the Delta Works - an impressive series of dams and Dutch hydraulic engineering; or join a guided bike tour. In the afternoon, you will visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kinderdijk, a lovely village with the country’s greatest concentration of windmills, all dating from the 18th century. Tonight the ship cruises to Schoonhoven, where we will moor overnight.
Day 7 - Amsterdam - Keukenhof - Amsterdam
We return to Amsterdam this morning, and take an excursion to the delightful Keukenhof Gardens, where we can admire the spectacular display of millions of flowering tulips and other blooms. We enjoy a scenic afternoon cruise through the canals of Amsterdam, taking in the distinctive tall and narrow merchants’ houses that line the water, the Magere Brug (Skinny Bridge), and the home of Anne Frank. Alternatively there’s another excursion, to the village of Zaanse Schans, home to a collection of historic windmills and wooden houses. The ship moors overnight in Amsterdam.
Day 8 Amsterdam - London
After breakfast we disembark our ship and transfer to Amsterdam Airport for a direct, scheduled British Airways flight to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airport, where you will be met and guided to your Titan vehicle for the journey home.