The Beauty of the Italian Lakes
The sparkling Italian Lakes decorate Italy’s rustic and mountainous northern region. A popular holiday destination since the Roman times, the sheer beauty of these treasures has well and truly stood the test of time. Edged with chic resorts and revealing centuries of history, each lake offers a distinct personality, from bustling Garda to polished Como and serene Maggiore. Like a fine Italian wine, they are each best uncorked and savoured slowly - so we’ll linger for nine days.
7 included excursions and visits
- Guided tours of Verona and Bardolino winery
- Visits to Malcesine and Sirmione
- Villa Carlotta and Villa Melzi excursion with boat trip
- Centovalli Train journey
- Boat excursion to Borromean Islands
- 8 nights in hotels (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 11 meals: 8 breakfasts (days 2-9) 3 dinners (days 1, 4 and 6)
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
Plus all these benefits
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Services of a Titan tour manager
- International flights (prices are based on return flights with British Airways from London Heathrow or Gatwick. Supplements may apply from other airports)
- Best available coaches (with Wi-Fi) with experienced drivers
- All airport taxes and duties
UK - Milan - Lake Garda
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home for your flight to Milan. Transfer to the Hotel Savoy Palace (4T) or Hotel Desenzano (4T), where we enjoy a welcome drink on arrival.
Hotel Savoy Palace (4T) or Hotel Desenzano (4T), Lake Garda
Malcesine - Bardolino
Travel to Malcesine, also known as the ‘Riviera of Olives’. There is time for lunch before we travel to Bardolino to a local winery. We enjoy a tour of the winery and experience the process of Italian wine making, sampling the local produce of three wines accompanied by the taste of a selection of local salami and cheese.
This morning we travel to Verona, for a guided tour of this beautiful city of Shakespearean legends.
Sirmione - Lake Como
Today we visit Sirmione, with its Scaligeri Castle, before transferring to our hotel on Lake Como, the Metropole & Suisse Hotel (4T).
Metropole & Suisse Hotel, Lake Como (4T)
This morning, we take an excursion to one of Lake Como’s most famous villas, the Villa Carlotta. We then cross the waters to the splendid lakeside town of Bellagio and visit the Villa Melzi before returning to our hotel by coach.
Lake Como - Lake Maggiore
A morning to relax before transferring to Lake Maggiore and our hotel on the lakeside, with breathtaking views of the Borromean Islands - the Hotel Simplon (4T) in Baveno.
Hotel Simplon, Lake Maggiore (4T)
We travel to Locarno to embark the Centovalli Train for a scenic journey to Domodossola. We return to the hotel by coach.
Today we depart for an excursion to visit the Borromean Islands.
Day 9 Lake Maggiore - Milan - UK
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the UK. Upon arrival, your Titan vehicle will be waiting for the journey home.