Splendours of the Rhine and Moselle
Sailing from Luxembourg to Basel
Journey along Europe’s legendary rivers, the Rhine and Moselle, stopping at favourite ports to explore fairytale cities and towns. You’ll visit Trier to get close to the Roman past reflected in the architecture and magnificent cathedral, discover the castle of Cochem, and enjoy delicious wine tasting in Rüdesheim. Be inspired by the grand architecture you will encounter in Mannheim, its red-roofed buildings and historic castle, before touring Strasbourg, the mighty city renowned for its mesmerising medieval appearance. Your enticing tour concludes in the beautiful town of Breisach, picturesquely located in the cherished Rhine Valley.
Your holiday includes:
Included excursions and visits: 8
- - Trier city tour
- - Bernkastel walking tour and wine tasting
- - Choice of Cochem walking tour and Reichsburg Castle or Koblenz walking tour
- - Choice of Rüdesheim gondola ride, wine tasting or bike tour
- - Choice of Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum or Rüdesheimer coffee
- - Choice of Heidelberg or Schwetzingen Gardens
- - Choice of Strasbourg city tour or Old Town bike tour or a hike
- - Choice of Riquewihr walking tour, Freiburg excursion or Breisach bike tour
- 7 nights cruise on AmaDante
- Finely appointed riverview staterooms/suites, marble bathrooms, plush bedding & robes/slippers
- All meals on board, prepared by expert chefs using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Unlimited drinks on board during lunch and dinner, including wine, beer and soft drinks
- Cocktail reception and Captain’s gala dinner
- Highest level of service - 1 staff member to 3 guests
- All entertainment plus lectures and cooking demonstrations
- Guided shore excursions in every port with knowledgeable local guides
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- Complimentary use of bicycles and guided bike tours
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Free connecting flights from regional airports
- Check-in service by Titan staff
- Services of an experienced AmaWaterways Cruise Manager and their expert crew
- Scheduled British Airways direct flights
- Porterage (one bag per person)
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- Port taxes & UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Day 1 London - Luxembourg
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home, for your journey to London Heathrow Airport for a direct, scheduled British Airways flight to Luxembourg. Upon arrival you will be met by your AmaWaterways representative and transferred to embark AmaDante (5T). This evening, enjoy a welcome dinner as we sail towards Germany.
Day 2 - Trier - Bernkastel
This morning we arrive in Germany’s oldest city, Trier, to explore its rich Roman past. Discover the stunning cathedral, gloriously located in front of the Moselle River, the Basilica of Constantine and the Porta Nigra Gate - an enormous 2nd century stone construction that still remains well preserved today. Later, we explore charming Bernkastel, a pretty town residing in the heart of the Mosel Valley’s wine region. Growing wine for over 500 years, Bernkastel is a scenic and unique place to explore; the town hosts a fantastic array of medieval Renaissance buildings, which we will see on our guided walking tour this evening. You will also visit a pretty winery and sample many of the region’s popular vintage wines.
Day 3 - Cochem - Koblenz
Day 4 - Rhine Gorge - Rüdesheim
We sail through the Rhine Gorge, where castles and fortress ruins decorate the picturesque banks, until our arrival into Rüdesheim. We choose from three excursions in this charming, wine-making town. Visit a local wine merchant for a tasting of the local produce, or enjoy a delightful gondola ride over the town to capture unforgettable views of the historic monuments such as the Niederwalddenkmal Statue. Alternatively, embark on a guided bike tour along the breathtaking Rhine River to one of Germany’s most charismatic and beautiful wine regions. This afternoon there is time at leisure which can be used to discover Rüdesheim’s most famous street, Drosselgasse, lined with charming taverns and pretty shops. We spend this evening at the fantastic Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum or you can join an excursion tasting delicious, traditional Rüdesheimer coffee.
Day 5 - Mannheim
Today we arrive in Mannheim, for a choice of two excursions. Choose to visit Heidelberg, an historic university town home to riverside views, red-roofed buildings and striking architecture. Explore its famous red-walled castle, residing on a hill 300 feet above the city. Admire beautiful views of the Neckar Valley and the city below while roaming the luxurious grounds and discovering the spectacular Great Vat, home to the enormous 49,000-gallon wine cask. Alternatively, discover historic Schwetzingen Gardens - this undeniably beautiful cultural heritage site boasts more than 100 sculptures, exotic flora and magnificently detailed landscapes.
Day 6 - Strasbourg
We spend the day in beautiful Strasbourg, the capital of France’s Alsace region and located on the beautiful Rhine River. Either explore the city on a panoramic coach tour capturing unforgettable sights, or join an exciting guided bike tour to the city’s highlights. Both of the excursions will view the town’s oldest park, the Orangery - this impressive park consists of 2,600 hectares, was built in the 1804 and has been dedicated to Napoleon’s wife Joséphine - as well as the grand European Parliament and the monumental Place de la République. This afternoon we join a walking tour of Strasbourg’s charming neighbourhood of La Petite France, decorated with old architecture, beautiful waterways and pretty lanes; a highlight is the Gothic cathedral and astronomical clock. Alternatively, you can explore the city on an enticing guided hike from the Orangery to the magnificent cathedral. Later, we have some free time to leisurely wander the city before our ship sets sail tonight.
Day 7 - Breisach - Basel
Arriving in Breisach early this morning, we choose from three options. Visit the idyllic town of Riquewihr, known for its array of historic architecture and Riesling wines. Or, discover the picturesque towns of Breisach and Freiburg to explore the town’s fascinating architecture, including Freiburg’s famed Gothic cathedral. Alternatively, join a guided bike tour of the historic town of Breisach and the mystic Rheinau woods.
Day 8 Basel - London
After breakfast we disembark our ship and transfer to Basel Airport for a direct, scheduled British Airways flight to London Heathrow Airport, where you will be met and guided to your Titan vehicle for the journey home.