and legendary tales of the Rhine
Enjoy a cruise along the Rhine, from the Swiss border city of Basel, for opportunities to explore the treasures of Strasbourg, appreciate the magnificent Baroque examples of Mannheim Palace and Würzburg Residence and gardens; stroll through the world-renowned Franconian vineyards; hike to extravagant monuments or cycle along pretty river banks; and admire the views that have inspired poets and painters for centuries.
Included excursions and visits: 8
- Choice of Strasbourg city tour, Old Town bike tour or Strasbourg hike
- Choice of Mannheim Palace or Speyer walking tour
- Rüdesheim Wine tasting
- Choice of Rüdesheim gondola ride, Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum or Heidelberg
- Frankfurt city tour and Römerberg beer tasting
- Choice of Miltenberg walking tour or specialities tasting
- Choice of walking tour of Würzburg, or Würzburg Residence or wine tasting
- Choice of Bamberg walking tour and smoked beer tasting, Bamberg bike tour or Bamberg specialities tasting
- 7 nights cruise on AmaDante
- Finely appointed riverview staterooms/suites, marble bathrooms, plush bedding & robes/slippers
- All meals on board, prepared by expert chefs using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Unlimited drinks on board during lunch and dinner, including wine, beer and soft drinks
- Cocktail reception and Captain’s gala dinner
- Highest level of service - 1 staff member to 3 guests
- All entertainment plus lectures and cooking demonstrations
- Shore excursions in every port with knowledgeable local guides
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- Complimentary use of bicycles and guided bike tours
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access on board
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Free connecting flights to London
- Check-in service by Titan staff
- Services of an experienced AmaWaterways Cruise Manager and their expert crew
- Scheduled British Airways direct flights
- Porterage (one bag per person)
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- Port taxes & UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Day 1 - London - Basel
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home, for your journey to London Heathrow Airport for a direct, scheduled British Airways flight to Basel. Upon arrival you will be met by your AmaWaterways representative and transferred to embark AmaDante (5T). This evening, enjoy a welcome dinner on board.
Day 2 - Strasbourg
Spend today taking in the treasures of Alsace’s capital - Strasbourg. Enjoy a panoramic coach tour or guided bike tour that takes you past Parc de l'Orangerie, the town’s oldest and largest park; the European Parliament, the modern site where the EU's Council of Ministers gather once a month; and the Place de la Republique in the ‘German district’, where a memorial stands to remember the French and German sacrifices during the world wars. Afterwards, explore Strasbourg on foot with a walking tour of the lovely ‘La Petite France’ neighbourhood, where canals flow between the beautiful crooked houses. See the exquisite Gothic cathedral, with a spire that made this the world’s tallest building until 1874, and a famous and slightly macabre astronomical clock. Your third option is a guided hike of Strasbourg, which begins at the Orangery and makes its way to the cathedral. The remainder of the day is yours to spend as you wish before the ship departs tonight.
Day 3 - Mannheim - Rüdesheim
Arrive in Mannheim, where you may choose to take a tour of this industrial city, home of Germany’s largest Baroque palace. See cultural sights such as the landmark Wasserturm and surrounding art nouveau gardens. Alternatively, head to Speyer for a walking tour, taking in sights such as the Old Mint, the medieval Altpörtel (Old Gate) with its unusual clock towers and the looming, UNESCO-listed cathedral, an imperial landmark with distinctive towers. We continue on to the historic wine-making town of Rüdesheim, to enjoy a wine tasting experience.
Day 4 - Rüdesheim (Heidelberg) - Frankfurt
Today you have a choice of one of three excursions. Your first option is a half-day excursion to the historic university town of Heidelberg, to visit the red-walled castle with its Great Vat (a 49,000-gallon wine cask) and enjoy beautiful views of the Neckar Valley and city below. Or, for your second option, visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Museum, where hundreds of music boxes of varying sizes, age and complexity are exhibited. Alternatively, take a gondola ride above the town to see the Niederwalddenkmal Statue followed by a wine tasting with a local vintner. Afterwards, we cruise to the metropolitan capital of Germany, Frankfurt, to take in the sights on a panoramic city tour. Tonight, immerse yourself in local flavours with an authentic Römerberg beer tasting.
Day 5 - Miltenberg
Wake up in Miltenberg this morning and either join a walking tour of this delightful old town, with its narrow cobblestone streets and steeply gabled houses, or indulge in a tasting of local specialities.
Day 6 - Würzburg
This morning’s guided tour of Würzburg, an ancient episcopal seat renowned for its art, architecture and wine, will show you the city’s major sights, including an unusual cathedral. Or you may prefer to visit the Baroque Würzburg Residence and gardens, a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a magnificent staircase overseen by fantastic frescos by the Venetian artist Tiepolo. It is a symbol of the enormous power and wealth held by the city’s resident prince-bishops. Alternatively take advantage of the surrounding vineyards with a wine tasting experience. Being part of the Franconian wine region, this is an opportunity to sample some of the many varieties of locally produced wine. Later tonight, the ship sails towards Bamberg.
Day 7 - Bamberg
Arrive in enchanting Bamberg, where you will have one of three ways to explore. The first is a guided walking tour of this medieval gem to see its cathedral, Old Town Hall and elegant old mansions, as well as sample some of Bamberg’s famous smoked beer. The second is a guided bike tour along the Main River, and the third is a Bamberg Specialities tasting where you will enjoy smoked beer, liquorice root and Hornla, a local favourite recipe that dates back to 1427. This evening, we continue cruising towards Nuremberg.
Day 8 Nuremberg - Munich - London
After breakfast we disembark our ship and transfer to Munich Airport for a direct, scheduled British Airways flight to London Heathrow Airport, where you will be met and guided to your Titan vehicle for the journey home.