The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express - Timeless Tradition
London to Venice6 days from £3,799 per person
Journeying from London to Venice aboard the beautifully restored Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is a once-in-a-life time experience. Dine on gourmet cuisine washed down with vintage wine, as grand peaks and lakes whizz past. We’ve combined it with a stay in romantic Venice - where this fairytale city stands proudly above the glittering canal, full of historic treasures. Navigate across ancient bridges and get lost in narrow lanes and grand piazzas. Venice is unforgettable.
Your holiday includes:
2 excursions and visits
- Guided tour of Venice, including skip-the-queue tickets for Basilica di San Marco
- Full-day guided excursion by private boat to Murano (with glass-blowing demonstration) and Burano (with local lunch and drinks)
- 4 nights in hotel and 1 night on train (accommodation as specified or similar)
- International flight from Venice to the UK. Prices are based on British Airways to London Gatwick. Supplements may apply for other airports
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train (1 night) from Calais to Venice
- 10 meals: 5 breakfasts (days 2-6) 1 brunch (day 1) 2 lunches (days 2 and 4) 2 dinners (days 1 and 5)
- Farewell dinner in a local restaurant with wine and coffee to finish
- Portable audio headset system on Venice tour
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Titan tour manager in Venice
- British Pullman train from London to the Kent coast
- Channel crossing by Eurotunnel or ferry and transfer to the train in Calais
- Private water taxi to the hotel in Venice
- Travel in destination by coach
Day 1 London - Venice Simplon-Orient-Express
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home for a journey to London Victoria station to board the Belmond British Pullman carriages of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, with brunch served as you start this iconic journey. After crossing the Channel by ferry or Eurotunnel, we’ll step on board the gleaming vintage carriages of the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express for the overnight journey to Italy.
We’ll be looked after from start to finish, with attentive service from a personal host, who will offer champagne and snacks. This evening a four-course dinner is served on board (please note a dress code applies).
Venice Simplon-Orient-Express - Venice
Awake to the beautiful scenery of the Swiss Alps this morning and enjoy a continental breakfast in your cabin. Take some time to drink in the magnificent landscape including emerald pools of water as we trundle pass the Gotthard Lakes. Sit down for a sumptuous three-course lunch and if you’re not too full, enjoy pastries before disembarking at Santa Lucia station. We navigate the canals by private water taxi into Venice, and to our hotel for snacks and a welcome drink.
Hotel Bonvecchiati Venice (4-star)
We’ll get acquainted with the city on a guided tour. Venice is a stunning floating masterpiece and a jumble of glorious architecture, a narrow maze of streets, grand marble palaces and ethereal churches. We’ll wander from piazza to piazza and over ornate stone bridges that criss-cross the bustling Grand Canal and stop at the famous Rialto Bridge for photos. We’ll also stroll through Venice’s showpiece Piazza San Marco and people-watch over a sweet treat and coffee.
After our break, we’ll see the astounding Byzantine domes of the Basilica di San Marco. We’ll skip the queues to get inside, where the shimmering mosaics and 24-carat gold leaf-emblazoned stonework are a feast for the eyes - it’s an extraordinary cathedral.
Murano - Burano
Today we’ll board a private boat at the waterfront of Piazza San Marco, for an unforgettable trip across the lagoon to the islands of Burano and Murano. A guide will bring the islands to life and in Murano, famed for its exquisite glass, we’ll watch in awe as a master glassblower shows off his unique skill. Afterwards, we’ll feel like we’ve stepped into a painting as we travel to sleepier Burano, where the rainbow-hued rows of houses on the banks of the lagoon are picture-perfect. Lunch beckons, and we’ll enjoy a delicious local seafood dish in a traditional trattoria. Before heading back to the hotel, we’ll tour these stunning islands by boat for a different perspective.
Today is at leisure. Spend your time getting lost in Venice’s enchanting passageways, peruse the shops or take a gondola ride. In the evening, we’ll be dining together for a farewell dinner at a local restaurant. We enjoy a glass of wine together after dinner, finishing with coffee and a local dessert.
Day 6 Venice - UK
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the UK. Upon arrival, your Titan vehicle will be waiting for the journey home.