Stay and Explore
Reflections of Northern Italy
8 days from £1,629 per person
Italy’s rustic and mountainous northern region is dotted with sparkling lakes. A popular holiday destination since the Roman times, the sheer beauty of these treasures has well and truly stood the test of time. Edged with chic resorts and revealing centuries of history, bustling Garda and serene Maggiore each offer a distinct personality. Like a fine Italian wine, they are each best uncorked and savoured slowly - so we’ll linger for eight days, with a visit to polished Como in between.
Your holiday includes:
7 excursions and visits
- Guided tours of Verona and Bardolino winery
- Visit to Malcesine
- Guided Lake Como excursion with private boat trip and pizza lunch
- Centovalli Train journey (in panoramic coaches)
- Private boat excursion to Borromean Islands with entrance included
- 7 nights in hotels (accommodation as specified or similar)
- International flights. Prices are based on return flights with British Airways from London Heathrow or Gatwick
- 10 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8) 1 lunch (day 4) 2 dinners (days 1 and 4)
- Portable audio headset system on guided tours
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Titan tour manager
- Travel in destination by coach
UK - Bergamo - Lake Garda
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home for your flight to Bergamo. Transfer to our hotel on Lake Garda, where we enjoy an aperitif with typical Italian canapés before dinner.
Hotel Savoy Palace, Lake Garda (4-star)
Malcesine - Bardolino
Travel to Malcesine, also known as the ‘Riviera of Olives’. There is time for lunch before we travel to Bardolino to a local winery. We enjoy a tour of the winery and experience the process of Italian wine making, sampling the local produce of three wines accompanied by the taste of a selection of local salami and cheese.
This morning we travel to Verona, for a guided tour of this beautiful city of Shakespearean legends. You are free to wander the city at leisure this afternoon.
Lake Como - Lake Maggiore
This morning, we leave the shores of Garda behind as we travel towards beautiful Lake Maggiore. En route, we’ll stop at Lake Como, meet a local guide and join a private boat tour on its glistening waters - watch out as we pass George Clooney’s villa. We return to Como for a walking tour of the town. We continue to Lake Maggiore to check into our hotel.
Hotel Simplon, Lake Maggiore (4-star)
Enjoy a day at leisure to explore Lake Maggiore at your own pace.
We travel to Locarno to embark the Centovalli Train for a scenic journey to Domodossola. Take in the views from the panoramic carriage. We’ll return to the hotel by coach.
Today, we depart on a private boat excursion to see the baroque architecture and magnificent gardens of the Borromean Islands.
Day 8 Lake Maggiore - Bergamo - UK
Transfer to the airport for your return flight to the UK. Upon arrival, your Titan vehicle will be waiting for the journey home.