Holland and Belgium at Tulip Time
Brussels to Amsterdam
Discover the stunning beauty of Belgium and Holland in the springtime, when the fairytale countryside blooms with vibrant new life. Acres of tulips as far as the eye can see, windmills silhouetted against the sky, the very fields Van Gogh himself once painted - these are just a few of the sights that await you in Holland and Belgium during tulip season. On this unforgettable cruise through one of the most breathtaking regions of Western Europe, you’ll explore bustling towns that were once ancient Roman settlements, hunt for one-of-a-kind treasures in medieval villages, and walk in the footsteps of Peter Paul Rubens and Vincent van Gogh.
Included excursions and visits: 6
- Brussels city tour with choice of Planet Chocolate demonstration and tasting or Floralia Brussels at Castle Groot-Bijgaarden
- Choice of Antwerp walking discovery tour with Belgian brewery tasting or Antwerp city tour with Rubens House visit
- Choice of Maastricht walking discovery tour or Netherlands American Cemetery and Memorial visit
- Van Gogh ‘Village Day’ in Nuenen with countryside lunch, and Heusden ‘Village Day’
- Choice of Schoonhoven walking discovery tour or Kinderdijk windmills
- Choice of full day at Keukenhof Gardens (lunch not included) or exclusive ‘Do as the Locals Do’ Amsterdam walking tour
- 7 nights all-inclusive cruise on the River Ambassador
- 20 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8) 6 lunches (days 2-7) 7 dinners (days 1-7)
- Unlimited drinks on board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, speciality coffee, tea and mineral water (excludes premium wine and premium spirits)
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Gala Dinners
- All gratuities on board and ashore
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- All entertainment plus signature lectures
- Shore excursions in the company of English-speaking local expert guides
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Free connecting flights to London
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager and their expert crew
- Scheduled direct flights
- All transfers
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Day 1 - London - Brussels
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home, for your journey to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airport for a British Airways or another leading airline to Brussels Airport, where you will be transferred to embark the River Ambassador (5T).
Day 2 - Brussels
Brussels, the capital of Belgium, offers a treasure trove of historic architecture, along with a rich culinary tradition - chocolate! After a panoramic tour of Brussels, choose to visit Planet Chocolate or Castle Groot-Bijgaarden. End your day with the Captain’s Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner. Please note: The Spring Show at Castle Groot-Bijgaarden is only offered for cruises that depart after 26 March.
Day 3 - Antwerp
Experience Belgium’s golden age with a walking tour of Antwerp’s stunning Renaissance-era City Hall, Market Square and UNESCO-designated Cathedral of Our Lady. Art lovers will want to participate in the panoramic city tour with a visit to the palatial home in the heart of the city where the native Rubens once lived and worked.
Day 4 - Maastricht
The oldest city in the Netherlands, Maastricht is known as one of the most beautiful and romantic cities of Holland and loved for its convivial lifestyle and historic centre. Choose to see the historic core of the city or visit a reminder of more recent history at the Netherlands American Cemetery and Memorial.
Day 5 - Cuijk (Nuenen) - Heusden
Vincent van Gogh produced 195 paintings and numerous watercolours and sketches in the two years he lived in Nuenen, and you can follow his footsteps today. After lunch in a historic water mill, visit picture-perfect Heusden, where you’ll explore either by bike or on foot to see a working mill.
Day 6 - Schoonhoven (Schoonhoven or Kinderdijk)
Known as Silver City, Schoonhoven has been a centre of silversmithing since the 17th century. If you prefer exploring the Netherlands’ engineering marvels in their long quest to hold back the sea, join a local as you discover 19 astonishingly well-preserved windmills, a UNESCO World Heritage-designated site.
Day 7 - Amsterdam
Spend the day at the Keukenhof Gardens, one of the most impressive public gardens in the world with millions of tulips and other flowers. For authentic, insider encounters and discoveries, ‘Do as the Locals Do’ while in Amsterdam, with a guided stroll through the historic canal district including a look inside the Museum Van Loon, a restored 17th century canal house. Spend your last night on the ship enjoying the Captain’s Farewell Reception and Gala Dinner.
Day 8 Amsterdam - London
Disembark the ship and transfer to Amsterdam Airport for a British Airways or another leading airline flight to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airport. On arrival you will be met and guided to your Titan vehicle, for the journey home.