Rhine Festive Markets
Basel to Cologne
Switzerland, France, and Germany provide the perfect backdrop for this true connoisseur’s Christmas Markets cruise. Discover the roots of our Christmas traditions as you explore some of Europe’s most charming towns. Browse for unique ornaments in Basel’s Christmas Market. Sip vin chaud in Strasbourg. Find unexpected treasures in the red-roofed stalls clustered around Cologne’s magnificent cathedral. Savour tantalising once-a-year treats with Uniworld’s ‘Taste of Christmas’ Programme. See how the Baroque town hall of Koblenz is transformed into an Advent calendar. Sail through castle-strewn hillsides and visit charming towns, for a festive season you will never forget.
Included excursions and visits: 6
- Basel walking discovery tour with Christmas Market
- Choice of Strasbourg by canal with Christmas Market or exclusive ‘Taste of Christmas’ walking discovery tour
- Choice of full-day Heidelberg tour with Christmas Market (lunch not included) or exclusive Doktorenhof vinegar estate visit and tasting
- Siegfried’s Museum of Mechanical Musical Instruments with Christmas Market
- Koblenz walking discovery tour with Christmas Market
- Cologne walking discovery tour with Cologne Cathedral visit and Christmas Markets
- 7 nights all-inclusive cruise on the S.S. Antoinette
- 20 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8) 6 lunches (days 2-7) 7 dinners (days 1-7)
- Unlimited drinks on board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, speciality coffee, tea and mineral water (excludes premium wine and premium spirits)
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Gala Dinners
- All gratuities on board and ashore
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- All entertainment plus signature lectures
- Shore excursions in the company of English-speaking local expert guides
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Free connecting flights to London
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager and their expert crew
- Scheduled direct flights
- All transfers
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Day 1 - London - Basel
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home, for your journey to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airport for a British Airways or another leading airline flight to Basel. Meet your Uniworld representative and transfer to embark S.S. Antoinette (5T).
Day 2 - Basel
Your walking discovery tour introduces you to Basel and its marvellous Christmas Market, located in the heart of the Old Town. With more than 150 stands, it offers many locally made craft items, unique ornaments and delicious seasonal baked goods. Later, take a stroll down Christmas Street, beautifully decorated with more than 100 Christmas trees adorned with twinkling lights. Celebrate the evening at the Captain’s Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
Day 3 - Kehl (Strasbourg)
Strasbourg is particularly picturesque during the festive season. Discover its magic on a canal cruise through Petite France, an area of cobblestone streets and half-timbered houses. Strasbourg’s famous Marché de Nöel is the oldest Christmas market in France and the 300 stalls of Strasbourg’s Christkindelsmärik are spread out over 12 locations within the city centre, making it one of the largest in Europe. Or, enjoy the flavours of the season on a ‘Taste of Christmas’ walking discovery tour showcasing the spirit of Alsatian Christmas.
Day 4 - Mannheim (Heidelberg)
Situated on the banks of the Neckar River, Heidelberg is one of Germany’s most beautiful cities and one of the best-preserved medieval cities in Europe. Your tour takes you past the romantic ruins of Heidelberg Castle and through Old Town. You’ll have ample time to explore the Heidelberg Christmas Market. For those who prefer to try something different, visit the Doktorenhof vinegar estate to sample the unique aperitifs made with honey- and herb-infused wine vinegars.
Day 5 - Mainz - Rüdesheim
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through Mainz and its St Nicholas Christmas Market with 1,000-year old St Martin’s Cathedral as a backdrop. During the afternoon, cruise to Rüdesheim, located in the heart of the fabled Rhine Valley. Its rolling hills, historical monuments and winding alleyways are a real treat and you’ll visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical instrument Museum and its unique collection of self-playing instruments. Spend time browsing more than 120 stalls and don’t miss Rüdesheim’s life-sized Nativity scene.
Day 6 - Cruising the romantic Rhine River - Koblenz
En route to Koblenz, your ship will cruise along a spectacularly scenic 40-mile stretch of the Upper Middle Rhine Valley, with its 40 castles strung like pearls on the hillside and the famous Lorelei Rock. Once in Koblenz, you’ll begin your walking tour through romantic alleyways lined with half-timbered houses festively decorated. Then delight in the Koblenz Christmas Market, with its dozens of wooden stands.
Day 7 - Cologne
Christmas is the perfect time to visit Cologne and its famous Gothic cathedral. Cologne also has no fewer than eight Christmas markets, and you’ll have ample time to explore them at your own pace following your walking tour. In the evening, enjoy a Captain’s Farewell Reception and Gala Dinner. Please note: On Sundays and Catholic holidays, guided tours inside the cathedral are not allowed, but individual visits are still welcomed.
Day 8 Cologne - Dusseldorf - London
Disembark the ship and transfer to Dusseldorf Airport for a British Airways or another leading airline flight to London Heathrow or Gatwick. On arrival you will be met and guided to your Titan vehicle, for the journey home.