Paris and Impressions of the Seine
A cruise along the Seine will captivate the art connoisseur and novice alike. Sail through the bucolic French countryside to embrace opportunities to visit the village where Vincent Van Gogh spent his final months, painting 70 pieces in 70 days; see the town that inspired Claude Monet to paint ‘Impression Sunrise’ which coined the name ‘impressionists’; admire the views over Honfleur that Eugene Boudin immortalised; and stroll through Monet’s famous gardens in Giverny, familiar to all through his masterpieces. There are also opportunities to see the Bayeux tapestry and the famous art galleries of Paris - there cannot be a better way to complete this holiday than with two nights docked in Paris.
Your holiday includes:
Included excursions and visits: 8
- - Choice of ‘Follow Vincent van Gogh's Footsteps’ in Auvers-sur-Oise or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ at Versailles' legendary gardens
- - Exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ Vernon bike ride to Château de Bizy and hike to Château Gaillard
- - Choice of ‘Vistas of the Alabaster Coast’ or ‘Highlights of Normandy’s Abbey Route
- - Choice of Cider route to Beuvron-en-Auge and Honfleur walking discovery tour or full day Normandy Beaches (lunch not included)
- - Choice of Rouen walking discovery tour or Monet's Rouen and Museum of Fine Arts
- - Monet’s Giverny
- - Choice of Paris city tour or exclusive ‘Do as the Locals Do’ Le Marais walking tour, and ‘Heart of Paris’ cruise at night
- - Orsay Museum and Montmartre artist village
- 9 nights all-inclusive cruise on the River Baroness (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 26 meals: 9 breakfasts (days 2-10) 8 lunches (days 2-9) 9 dinners (days 1-9)
- Unlimited drinks on board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, speciality coffee, tea and mineral water (excludes premium wine and premium spirits)
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Gala Dinners
- All gratuities on board and ashore
- Complimentary Quietvox portable audio headset system on all shore excursions
- All entertainment plus signature lectures
- Shore excursions in the company of English-speaking local expert guides
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP Home Departure Service®
- Free connecting flights from regional airports
- Scheduled direct flights
- All transfers
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Day 1 - London - Paris
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home, for your journey to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airport for a British Airways or another leading airline flight to Paris. Meet your Uniworld representative on arrival and transfer to the port to embark River Baroness (5T).
Day 2 - Conflans-Sainte-Honorine (Auvers-sur-Oise or Versailles)
While Vincent van Gogh spent only two months in Auvers-sur-Oise, he painted more than 70 paintings. Trace his footsteps to the places he captured in his paintings and see where he and his beloved brother, Theo, are buried side by side. For those wishing for a more active experience, row a boat on the Grand Canal of the legendary gardens of Le Notre at Versailles. Spend the evening at the Captain’s Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
Day 3 - Vernon - Les Andelys
Fall in love with the inspiring countryside as you bike through the historic riverside town of Vernon to the Château de Bizy. Discover its many charms, including the park with sculpted fountains. Back on board, set sail along the Seine to Les Andelys - a place of inspiration for many artists. Hike up to Château Gaillard to take in those same inspiring views.
Day 4 - Caudebec-en-Caux (Étretat and Le Havre or Saint-Wandrille-Rançon)
Majestic views will be plentiful as you travel along the Alabaster Coast to UNESCO-designated Le Havre, cradle of the impressionist movement, and Étretat with its exceptional natural beauty and dramatic cliffs. Be inspired by these landscapes made famous by the great impressionists who painted them, including Monet. Or, the Romanesque Normandy Abbey Route will take you to two of the most beautiful monasteries - the ruins of Jumièges and St Wandrille, still home to a community of Benedictine monks.
Day 5 - Caudebec-en-Caux (Beuvron-en-Auge and Honfleur or Normandy Beaches)
Discover Normandy’s idyllic countryside today. You may wish to travel the Cider Route, learning about the cider- and brandymaking traditions en route to Beuvron-en-Auge, an archetypal Norman village. Sample some of the delicious local products, including cider and brandy, before visiting enchanting Honfleur. A visit to historic Arromanches and the D-Day landing beaches is a must, including a fascinating documentary at Arromanches 360° Circular Theatre.
Day 6 - Rouen
Victor Hugo called Rouen the city with a hundred bell towers - and the most famous is Notre Dame, which you’ll visit, along with the Renaissance clock tower, and the site where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake. For those who wish to gain a more in-depth understanding of Monet’s Rouen, join an art expert to see the city as Monet saw it, and then visit the Museum of Fine Arts, home to one of the largest collections from the great impressionists.
Day 7 - Vernon (Giverny)
Visit Monet’s beloved home and gardens in Giverny, the source of inspiration for some of his greatest works of art for over 40 years. Please note: Giverny will be closed for 30 October & 8 November departures. Guests will tour Château de Versailles instead.
Day 8 - Paris
Get an unforgettable look at the heart of Paris and its famous sights on a panoramic tour. If you prefer to experience the city as a Parisian, then join a lively tour to the historic and trendy Marais district, including its Jewish neighbourhood. During the evening before the Captain’s Farewell Reception and Gala Dinner, take a scenic cruise under the many bridges spanning the Seine to get a waterfront view of the splendid palaces and historic buildings lining the river.
Day 9 - Paris
Today includes two artistically and culturally rich experiences. Visit the Orsay Museum, where you’ll see some of the most famous impressionist and post-impressionist masterpieces. You’ll then venture to Montmartre, a designated historic area, during the 1800s. Its enchanting character and village-like charm are on full display as you wander through the streets to Sacré-Coeur Basilica and to Place du Tertre.
Day 10 Paris - London
Disembark the ship and transfer to the airport for a British Airways or another leading airline flight home. Arrive at London Heathrow or Gatwick where you will be met and guided to your Titan vehicle, for the journey home.