Danube Festive Markets
Budapest to Passau
Budapest has celebrated Christmas for a thousand years, since the reign of St Stephen, who founded Hungary and encouraged the spread of Christianity throughout his realm. As you ramble through the Christmas Market on Vörösmarty Square, admiring the handmade porcelain, stop to enjoy a kürtös kalács - a pastry baked on rods over an open fire and then coated with sugar. In Bratislava, stalls abound with traditional Slovakian Christmas items like medovníky (spiced ginger cookies). Experience Uniworld’s exclusive ‘Taste of Christmas’ programme in the heart of Vienna and celebrate the music of Mozart and Strauss at a Viennese concert hall. In the Volksgarten, Linz, you’ll find a fairytale Christmas - large, animated displays of scenes from fairytales. Glorious Baroque architecture, delightful concerts, and ravishing scenery will make this Christmas season unforgettable.
Included excursions and visits: 6
- Budapest city tour with Christmas Market
- Bratislava walking discovery tour with Christmas Market
- Choice of Vienna city tour with Winter Palace of Prince Eugene visit and Christmas markets or exclusive ‘Taste of Christmas’ walking discovery tour, and exclusive Mozart and Strauss concert at a Viennese palace
- Göttweig Abbey with private organ recital
- Choice of full-day Salzburg with walking discovery tour and Christmas Market or Linz and Steyr with Christmas markets
- Passau walking discovery tour with Christmas Market, and gingerbread-making and floral-decorating demonstrations
- 7 nights all-inclusive cruise on the River Beatrice
- 19 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8) 5 lunches (days 2-5,7) 7 dinners (days 1-7)
- Unlimited drinks on board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, speciality coffee, tea and mineral water (excludes premium wine and premium spirits)
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Gala Dinners
- All gratuities on board and ashore
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- All entertainment plus signature lectures
- Shore excursions in the company of English-speaking local expert guides
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service
- Free connecting flights to London
- Scheduled direct flights
- All transfers
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Day 1 - London - Budapest
Titan’s VIP door-to-door travel service collects you from home, for your journey to London Heathrow or Gatwick Airport for a flight to Budapest. Transfer to the port to embark the River Beatrice (5T).
Day 2 - Budapest
Explore Budapest, an enchanting city made up of two parts - Buda and Pest, divided by the Danube River. See all the top sights on your city tour before exploring the Christmas Market on Vörösmarty Square. Savour mulled wine and traditional honey cakes as you shop. Enjoy a Captain’s Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner.
Day 3 - Cruising the Danube River - Bratislava
The city is full of surprises, as you’ll see on your walking discovery tour of the historic downtown area. The tour concludes at Bratislava’s Christmas Market.
Day 4 - Vienna
Vienna is at its most dazzling during the festive season, and you’ll see many of its architectural treasures on a panoramic city tour. Venture inside Prince Eugene’s magnificent Winter Palace, then explore the Christmas Market in front of City Hall - Austria’s largest and most famous Christmas market - and the small but charming market at Freyung Square. Or, stroll through Old Town Vienna on a ‘Taste of Christmas’ walking discovery tour. This evening, enjoy a Mozart and Strauss concert in a classic Viennese palace.
Day 5 - Krems - cruising the Wachau Valley
Explore the Baroque-style Benedictine Göttweig Abbey today and attend a private organ concert inside the abbey’s beautiful church. After lunch, enjoy a scenic cruise through the UNESCO-designated Wachau Valley, a 19-mile stretch of the Danube with spectacular landscapes and quaint towns and wine villages clustered along the river. Please note: The organ concert may take place in a different location if the Göttweig Abbey visit falls on a Catholic holiday.
Day 6 - Linz (Salzburg or Linz/Steyr)
Spend the day in beautiful Salzburg - decked out in dazzling festive splendour - where you’ll enjoy a walking discovery tour of Old Town before delving into the city’s marvellous Christmas Market. Alternatively, visit the lovely Austrian towns of Steyr and Linz, each with their own Christmas markets, festive traditions and unique character and charm.
Day 7 - Passau
A walking discovery tour takes you past all the top sights and visits the city’s festive Christmas Market. You’ll also have a wonderful opportunity to learn how to make gingerbread as well as a beautiful floral centrepiece for the holidays. Enjoy a Captain’s Farewell Reception and Gala Dinner.
Day 8 Passau - Munich - London
Disembark the ship and transfer to Munich Airport for a flight to London Heathrow or Gatwick. On arrival you will be met and guided to your Titan vehicle, for the journey home.