Upgrade your flight for added comfort
Although the comfort and service offered by the airlines we use is excellent in all categories, you may wish to upgrade your flight.
On this page you will find information on some of our more popular airline upgrades, with certain other airlines also available.
If you have an existing booking and want to upgrade your flight please call our Helpdesk team on 0800 988 5811. For any pre-booking enquiries please call Sales on 0800 988 5823.
The UK’s largest international scheduled airline, British Airways operates flights to over 550 destinations worldwide and is a member of the Oneworld Alliance Group. The company prides itself on its reputation for providing full service to customers both on the ground and in flight.
- For an affordable premium, enjoy the luxury of more personal space than World Traveller, now with an additional seven inches legroom and a wider seat
- Make yourself comfortable in your armchair-style seat, which comes with adjustable head, foot and legrest, and arrive in good shape at your destination.
- Relax and take advantage of the quieter, stress-free surroundings of the smaller and more private cabin with a maximum of six rows.
- For your main meal, choose from a menu offering two Club World meal options, served to you in white china crockery with metal cutlery and linen napkins.*
*Club World menu options are available on flights to and from London Heathrow
- Choosing Club World means travelling in comfort and freedom. Dedicated Departure lounges and Elemis Travel Spa* are designed to give you choice before your flight, whether you wish to relax, dine or be pampered.
- The Club World seats give you your own space and time to do what you want, when you want. Bigger, wider and more comfortable than ever, you can guarantee complete comfort in any position.
- The very best in local and international cuisine is served, along with a dedicated wine cellar.
- But if you are still peckish you are free to help yourself to healthy snacks and tasty treats from the Club Kitchen.
* Available at London Heathrow and New York JFK Terminal 7.
- Enjoy the tranquillity of a dedicated lounge where you can rest, catch up on some work or enjoy refreshments before your flight.
- At all times, you can be assured of responsive, efficient service and high standards, making British Airways Club Europe the best choice.
- The separate Club Europe cabin at the front of the aircraft gives you the seclusion and space you need with a dedicated window or aisle seat. Simply sit back in your wide, comfortable contoured leather seat and enjoy your flight.
- Take a look at the mouth-watering menu, with its selection of hot and cold dishes, perfectly suited to the time of day. If you’re flying in the morning, choose between a full English or a Continental breakfast on every flight longer than an hour.
- A complimentary bar is available on every flight, ensuring you’re refreshed and revitalised throughout your journey.
Audio Visual On Demand (AVOD)
- Currently being rolled out across all long-haul routes*, AVOD gives you over 200 film, TV and games** options, all available on demand.
* Not available on aircraft fitted with a 12 channel in-flight entertainment system.
** Games are not available in World Traveller.
Upper Class - The Ultimate way to travel
- Relax before your flight in our award winning Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses*
- Stretch out and relax on one of the longest fully flat beds in business class. The longest fully flat bed in business class.
- Enjoy a delicious menu of restaurant style food and fine wine.
- Complimentary drinks and snacks served throughout the flight.
- Order your favourite drink at the onboard bar.
- A classic British afternoon tea or breakfast before arrival.
- There’s a great choice of the latest inflight entertainment available on your seatback screen. The Vera on demand inflight entertainment system is a great way to relax with over 300 hours of award winning movies, TV shows, music and games.
* Lounge facilities vary at each destination.
Premium Economy - all those little extras that make flying more enjoyable
- Speed through the airport with dedicated check in and priority boarding.
- Relax preflight with a glass of bubbly and complimentary newspaper.
- Recline on your purple leather seat with a 38in (95cm) seat pitch, headrest and footrest.
- Enjoy your choice of three delicious main meals, served on china, with stainless steel cutlery and linen.
- Wash down your meal with an after dinner liqueur.
- Receive a complimentary amenity kit on night flights.
- There’s laptop power in every seat.
Premium Economy – A new Class of Travel
Pamper yourself with Premium Economy, and experience superior comfort in a dedicated cabin, ith a premium meal service and priority airport services.
Premium Economy features include:
- 24 Premium Economy seats in separate cabin.
- A larger seat (50.8 cm/20 in, between armrests) and greater recline (20.3 cm/8 in) compared to Economy Class.
- A comfortable 96.5 cm (38 in) seat pitch with ample room to stretch.
- A new state-of-the-art entertainment system featuring your own personal 26.4 cm (10.4 in) touch-screen TV.
- Hundreds of hours of top-rated on-demand entertainment.
- In-seat power at every seat. A single-pin audio jack for your own headset, or complimentary headphones to keep after the flight.
- Complimentary wines, spirits and premium cuisine, and a hot towel with every meal service.
- Complimentary copy of our award winning enRoute magazine, and a selection of newspapers.
- An adjustable headrest, a comfortable pillow and blanket, as well as your own amenity kit.
- Ambient mood lighting and an individual reading light.
- Priority boarding, check-in and baggage handling.
Premium Economy is available on all flights between London and Vancouver from 2 March 2014.
Executive First® (Business Class) – Flat out Wonderful
Enjoy fully lie-flat bed is now available on all international services from the UK to Canada.* The revolutionary lie-flat seat transforms the transatlantic product into luxurious first class comfort and service for a business class price. Experience the ultimate in convenience and comfort at the touch of a button.
Executive Class features include:
- Priority check-in and boarding privileges.
- 6’3” (191cm) long and 31” (79cm) wide at the shoulders.
- Dedicated Concierge service for all your personal needs.
- Relax in a separate cabin with guaranteed aisle, front-facing seat.
- Ambient mood lighting in synch with time zones to ease jet lag.
- Sit back and enjoy our lumbar support and in-seat massage settings.
- Unwind with your very own comfortable pillow and duvet.
- Indulge in our fine dining restaurant-style meals showcasing the very best in Canadian cuisine.
- Full bar service featuring fine Canadian wines.
- In-seat power for your laptop.
- Large personal touch-screen TV with video on demand.
- Enjoy over 600 hours of In-flight entertainment.
- XM satellite radio featuring premium music and talk shows.
- Generous baggage allowance.
- Complimentary Amenity Kit.
*except on seasonal service to St John's.
A380 International Premium Economy
- Treat yourself to extra comfort in the award-winning Premium Economy*
- Dedicated check-in desk.
- Priority boarding and disembarkation.
- Dedicated 35 seat cabin with upper deck location.
- 2-3-2 seating confi guration.
- Extra wide up to 19.5”, ergonomically designed seat, up to 42” seat pitch and 9” seat recline.
- Multi-way adjustable headrest.
- Integrated leg rest with fold-out footrest.
- Pre-take off sparkling wine, orange juice and water.
- Enjoy over 1000 on-demand entertainment options all on your very own 10.6” widescreen in-arm entertainment screen.
- A choice of menu served with a selection of premium Australian wines.
- Self service snack bar.
*Awarded World’s Best Premium Economy by Skytrax World Airline Awards 2012
A380 Business Class
- Dedicated check-in desks and
- Business lounge access.
- 64 Skybeds located on the upper deck each including a mattress and duvet.
- 2-2-2 seating configuration.
- Enjoy a fully-flat bed at over 2-meters with a spacious 80” seat pitch.
- Fully adjustable seat from upright to bed position.
- Turn down service with a mattress to lie on top of your Skybed and a sumptuous duvet for extra comfort, as well as pyjamas.
- On-board lounge area with a large comfortable sofa and self-service bar.
- Enjoy over 1000 on-demand entertainment options all on your very own 12.1” widescreen in-arm entertainment screen.
- Neil Perry designed menu with flexible dining options, including on-demand supper service and room service style breakfast all presented on premium tableware.
- Onboard sommeliers* will advise you on our selection of premium
*On selected flights.
From London Heathrow the Qantas A380 operates on services to Melbourne
and Sydney, via Dubai. This is subject to last minute aircraft changes.
First Class Comfort
- International Business Class
- Dedicated check-in and Fast Track through security.*
- Complimentary personalized service, comfort and exceptional amenities including Business Center at the Admirals Club®
- On board
- Fully lie-flat seat with an intuitive design where any component can be adjusted, including the seat back, head rest, and leg rest.
- All seats have aisle access.
- Individual tray table provides a larger work surface.
- Wi-Fi capability, power and USB outlets.
- Duvet, pillow and slippers.
- Akhassa skincare products.
- Chef-inspired menu options. Multi-Course meal or Dine Upon Request® service available, which allows meal to be presented all at once, at desired time.
- Walk-up bar stocked with sweet and savory snacks – a first for any U.S. carrier.
- Personal in-seat entertainment of up to 250 movies, 180 TV programs and 350 audio selections to enjoy on a 15.4 inch touchscreen monitor.
- Bose® Quiet Comfort® Noise Cancelling® headphones.
- On arrival
- The Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow provides a great place to have breakfast, freshen up or fulfill business needs before leaving the airport.
*at select airports
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Route and product availability is subject to change. Whilst we will do everything we can to secure requested reservations, seats cannot be confirmed as part of your holiday until we receive separate confirmation from the airline. Once availability has been ascertained, we can only confirm a flight upgrade upon receipt of an additional non-refundable deposit of £100 per person.