Passport and Visa Requirements
The following information is for British citizens only.
A standard ten year British passport is required for all holidays, which must be valid for at least six months beyond your planned date of return travel, however, please see any exceptions to this below. If your passport expires earlier, it may still be acceptable but you should contact your local passport office or the consulate or embassy of the country to be visited for detailed advice. Clients applying for a new passport should allow a minimum of six weeks for the application to be processed and to renew an expired one, three weeks. Lost or stolen passports will take one-week minimum to replace. It is essential that you check whether you are in possession of a valid passport before you make your holiday booking.
If your passport is endorsed in any way, you should check immigration requirements with the relevant embassy or consulate of the country to be visited.
Passport stamps - You should be aware that if your passport contains previous entry or visa stamps of certain countries you might encounter problems when visiting other countries. e.g. a passport indicating you have previously travelled to Israel may not be accepted by a number of Arab countries.
Holders of British Subject Passports and Non-British Citizens. We can only advise on immigration requirements and offer the Titan Visa Service, if your passport was issued in the UK and endorsed ‘British Citizen’. Holders of a British Subject passport and non-British citizens should check immigration requirements with the relevant embassy or consulate of the country to be visited, as should clients with Dual Nationality/Renounced Citizenship.
All consular fees are correct at the time of being published and are subject to change. Where appropriate visa forms and guidelines for the relevant country will be sent with confirmation invoices.
NOTE: Some travellers including those with certain serious communicable illnesses, criminal records, previous deportations, visa overstays and other problems may not be eligible by law to enter certain countries. Such travellers must check with the embassy or consulate of the country to be visited in order to ascertain if they are eligible to apply for a special restricted visa.
Kenya - All visitors are required to have at least two blank pages in their passport to enable an entry visa to be issued on arrival into the country. This is being strictly enforced.
Namibia - Please note that all visitors to Namibia are required to have one completely blank page in their passport to enable an entry visa to be issued on arrival. However, because our Namibian Discovery tour flies internationally via Johannesburg, you are also required to
have an additional blank page for your South Africa transit visa stamps. Therefore it is recommended that you have at least two blank pages in your passport.
South Africa - All visitors are required to have two blank pages in their passport to enable an entry visa to be issued upon arrival in the country.
For all tours where a passport is required to be sent to an embassy, it should be noted that once your passport has been lodged with the embassies eight weeks prior to departure, we are unable to retrieve it until the visa has been issued. It is therefore important that you do not require your passport during this period. Titan Travel will not be liable if any delay occurs within the embassy and cannot guarantee any specific date for passports to be returned. If you have already made other travel arrangements, please contact us prior to making your reservation.
- Burma, China, Cuba, India, Russia, Tanzania, Vietnam -A visa is required for travel. Visa application forms will be sent with your confi rmation invoice and can be arranged through CIBT Visas, our recommended visa procurement provider. Application forms can also be downloaded from the internet - please see www.cibtvisas.co.uk/titantours
- Australia -All foreign travellers to Australia, other than New Zealand citizens, require an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) to travel and enter Australia. We are able to obtain this on your behalf, if requested, at a cost of £15 per person. If you do not require us to obtain the ETA you must make your own arrangements, as you will not be able to travel without one.
- Cambodia - A visa is required and can be obtained on arrival for a cost of US$30-35, dependent upon the point of entry. Two passport-sized photographs will be required.If you are travelling on the Uniworld ‘Timeless Wonders of Vietnam, Cambodia and the Mekong’ cruise, your cruise manager will obtain a Cambodia visa on your behalf. You will be asked to provide your passport, 1 passport photo and US$40 in cash, per person.
- Egypt - Single entry tourist visas for Egypt are included for holders of British and European Union passports. These will be issued on arrival in Egypt. Holders of British Subject or non-European Union passports, please check with the Egyptian Embassy.
- Jordan - Visas for Jordan are arranged as a group and are free of charge if travelling with the group on all sectors of the trip. Clients with extended stays or holiday additions therefore have to pay JD40 or US$58 per person approximately for visas issued on arrival.
- Kenya - British Citizens are now required to have a visa for entry into Kenya, regardless of the length of stay. Upon entry into Kenya by air you are now required to apply for a visa currently costing US$50, which is payable locally.
- Laos - A visa is required and can be obtained on arrival for a cost of US$30. Two passport-sized photographs will be required.
- Nepal - A visa for entry into Nepal (including Kathmandu) is required by British Citizens. A Single Entry Visa for stays of up to 15 days, currently costing US$30 per person, can be applied for and paid for in cash upon arrival into Kathmandu. Two passport-sized photographs are required.
- Oman - A visa is required for visitors and can be obtained on arrival in Oman at the current cost of US$14 per person. For our ‘Arabia - Ancient and Modern’ tour, you will be required to obtain a visa twice - once on arrival in Musandam and additionally at the main Oman land border.
- Russia - Commencing 10th December 2014 it became necessary for all UK and Irish residents flying into Russia to present themselves at one of two centres, either London or Edinburgh, between one and two months prior to travel date. The applicants will have to provide fingerprints, Passports and completed Application Forms. Provided that all documentation is accurate and accepted, the Russian authorities will process the Application and return the Passport, with the Russian Visa, by post direct to the applicant within approximately 14 days. This visit would take place between one and two months before travel and of course would have to be undertaken by each traveller. For more information regarding the details of the centre where the processes will take place, please click here. If you should have any queries regarding this please do not hesitate to contact our helpdesk department free on 0800 988 5811 and they will able to advise further.
- Sri Lanka - British Citizens require an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) to enter Sri Lanka. We are able to obtain this on your behalf, if requested, at a cost of £30 per person. If you do not require us to obtain the ETA you must make your own arrangements (please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk), as you will not be able to travel without one.
- Turkey - A Turkish entry visa is required for British passport holders and must be purchased online via the Turkish Government website - wwwevisa.gov.tr/en/ - prior to travel. Currently the cost of the e-visa is US$20. From 1st January 2015, your passport must be valid for 60 days after the expiry date of your visa. Your visa will be valid for six months from the day of issue, therefore please ensure you have at least eight months validity on your passport from the date of entry into Turkey.
- The UAE - Visitors will be granted an entry visa on arrival, which is currently free of charge.
- USA - The USA Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) allows most British Citizen passport holders to enter and visit the US without the need to gain a visa by applying online using Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) in advance.We recommend you apply for this yourself; however for clients without online facilities we are able to apply on your behalf at a cost of £25 per person. Please note that once applied, this charge is non-refundable as it is valid for a period of two years or the validity of the travellers passport (whichever is shorter). If you do not require us to obtain an ESTA you must make your own arrangements, as you will not be able to travel without one. Further information on how to complete your ESTA application either yourself or through Titan Travel will be sent with your confi rmation invoice. You must also ensure that you adhere to the passport rules under the VWP. Your passport must contain a machine readable zone (MRZ), identifi ed as the two lines of text as letters, numbers and chevrons (>>>) found at the foot of the photo page. If your passport does not meet this requirement you will need to apply for a visa. This information has been issued for general guidance only; if you have any doubt about travel to the US or require any further information we strongly recommend that you contact the US Embassy’s Live Operator Information Service on 0904 2450100 (calls cost £1.20 per minute at the time of going to print) or visit the US Embassy website on www.usembassy.org.uk for further information.
- Zambia - Visitors are required to obtain a visa when entering Zambia - for British Citizens this currently costs US$50 per person for a single entry visa (subject to change). Payments must be made at the point of entry with the exact amount in cash only. Please note travellers on our ‘Tracks of Africa’ and ‘Southbound to the Cape’ tours, will require aouble-entry visa.
- Zimbabwe - A visa is required for entry and can be obtained on arrival at a cost of US$55 per person. You must ensure you have the correct amount of cash required.
Voyages to Antiquity - please note the following visainformation, applicable to passengers travelling with Voyages to Antiquity:
- Burma, Cambodia & Vietnam - Visas will be obtained by Voyages to Antiquity on your behalf (the costs of which are included in your holiday price) - a supply of passport photographs will be required.
- India - A multiple-entry visa for India should be obtained prior to travel (as detailed in the standard section above, for India).
- Kenya - A visa should be obtained. Where possible, passengers sailing with Voyages to Antiquity are advised to purchase this prior to travel, in order to minimise time spent at Immigration in Nairobi Airport. However, if this is not possible, a visa can instead be purchased on arrival. In both situations, you will require two blank pages, side by side, in your passport.
- Russia - For itineraries that includes Sochi, Russia - a group visa will be obtained by the ship upon arrival in Sochi. The cost of this visa is included in your holiday price, however clients wishing to deviate and go ashore outside of the group arrangements, will need to obtain their own individual visa.
- Sri Lanka - A visa should be obtained prior to travel (as detailed in the standard section above, for Sri Lanka).
- Turkey - A visa should be obtained (as detailed in the standard section above, for Turkey).
Please note you will be dealing with CIBT direct and whilst we recommend CIBT we cannot be held liable for any delays or problems that may occur. Please note there will be a process fee applicable to all visa applications made through the CIBT. In the event of cancellations or alterations to your holiday our Booking Conditions apply and we regret we cannot be held liable for any costs you may incur as a result. You will also be responsible for advising CIBT of any changes or cancellations.