Introducing the impressive Columbus
Combining spacious surroundings and friendly service with stylish entertainment and delicious cuisine, Columbus is the perfect choice for those looking for comfort and a wide range of on board facilities. However, she still retains a feel of intimacy and personal attention when compared with the ‘mega’ resort style ships built today.
At 63,786grt, with a draft of 8.20 metres and overall length of nearly 250 metres, Columbus was purpose built for deep sea ocean cruising and we believe is ideally suited to scenic cruising. Columbus has 775 passenger cabins including 64 de luxe balcony cabins and junior suites.
Columbus Cruise Ship highlights:
- An impressive three decked central Atrium with a fine selection of retail outlets
- Fabulous tiered main show lounge spanning two decks
- Dome Observatory providing wonderful seascapes & scenic panoramas
- Starboard and port side promenades with splendid traditional timber decking
- British themed Taverners Pub & Casino
- Two public launderettes and ironing rooms
- Five dining options including three fine dining options
- A choice of eight lounge bars, plus two deck bars
Columbus offers a wide choice of well-appointed inner and ocean view cabins plus 28 De Luxe Balcony cabins and 36 Junior Balcony suites. All accommodation is graded according to size and/or position within the ship. A high priority is placed on your comfort, and your cabin steward will ensure a high degree of service throughout your time on board.
- Cabins 8103, 8104, 8107, 8108, 8111 and 8112 have twin beds that may be converted to a double. All other category 2S cabins have one single bed with sofa bed and additional Pullman berth.
- The majority of rooms are equipped with a flat-screen television, hairdryer, fridge and personal safe, and have a third and/or fourth berth.
Entertainment: There are six entertainment venues including the impressive three-decked central Atrium, Dome Observatory & Nightclub and two-decked tiered Palladium Show Lounge where the talented Columbus show team and guest acts will perform for your enjoyment. The Palladium’s retractable stage provides a large floor for Ballroom dancing.
Restaurants: Breakfasts and lunches are generally served on an open seating basis. However, two fixed time sittings are operated for dinner when your attentive waiting staff will welcome you each evening. Perhaps opt to dine at the Fusion or Grill speciality restaurants or sample the delights of a sumptuous dinner at the ‘Chef’s Table’. If you prefer something more casual, the Plantation Bistro is open every day for buffet style breakfast, lunches and dinner, and when the weather is fine, the Alfresco Grill beckons.
Lounges and Bars: Columbus offers a choice of seven different lounges and bars including the Captain’s Club, Connexions, Raffles and Taverners Pub and Casino. There are also two speciality coffee and tea shops plus two deck bars. And, the spacious surroundings on board Columbus mean there is always a quiet corner to relax.