- VIP door-to-door travel service
- Tour Manager
- Included Excursions
- Selected meals included
With a prodigious output of fell-walking guidebooks, reproduced from hand-written manuscripts and hand-drawn maps, in which his love of the countryside shines through, Alfred Wainwright was one of the most charming advocates of Lake District exploration. Experience, in splendid comfort, the spectacular landscapes so synonymous with him that the 214 fells he described are now known as ‘the Wainwrights’.
- 4 nights in Bowness-on-Windermere (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 8 meals: 4 breakfasts (days 2-5) 4 dinners (days 1-4)
Included excursions and visits: 2
- Cruise on Lake Windermere and one-way trip on Haverthwaite Railway
- Scenic drive of the Lake District by coach
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP Home Departure Service®
- Services of an experienced Titan tour manager
- Best available coaches with experienced drivers for excursions
- Hotel porterage (one bag per person)
Beautifully situated on the shores of Lake Windermere with splendid views across the Lake, this hotel is ideally positioned for exploring the surrounding area. Low Wood offers either traditional English cuisine in the Windermere Restaurant, or the more casual dining experience of the Langdale Lounge & Bar and the Café del Lago Bistro. There is a Leisure Club, with swimming pool, a gym with personal trainers, and a dance studio and squash court. The spa includes sauna, steam rooms, and a hair and beauty salon offering a range of treatments. The Water-Sports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, sailing, canoeing and kayaking, as well as providing speedboat rides and motorboat hire together with a superb lawn shoreline and one of the finest views across Lake Windermere. There are 111 en suite rooms, with colour TV, radio, direct dial telephone, tea and coffee-making facilities, iron and ironing board, and hairdryer - offering all the comfort and luxury for a memorable stay. There is a lift and free Wi-Fi in public areas.