- VIP home departure service
- Free return regional flights
- Included Excursions
- Tour Manager
One of the many highlights of 2012 and the Jubilee celebrations was the magnificent Thames Pageant, led by Her Majesty The Queen aboard the luxurious ‘Royal Barge’ - the Spirit of Chartwell. Now making new history, the ship sails in the waters of the beautiful Douro River in northern Portugal. Exclusively chartered by Titan, you are invited to experience a taste of what it might have been like for the Royal Party, on this 4-night cruise along the verdant Douro valley. To enhance the experience further, your cruise is coupled with a 3-night stay at a stunning pousada, located close to the ‘green terraced paradise’ of Peneda Gerês National Park. This unique experience promises a very special and relaxing holiday.
- 4 nights cruise on the Spirit of Chartwell, 3 nights in pousada (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 17 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8) 3 lunches (days 2-4) 7 dinners (days 1-7)
- Complimentary local wine and beer with meals on board cruise
- Titan onboard cocktail party
- A ‘welcome’ dinner
Included excursions and visits: 5
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP Home Departure Service®
- Check-in service by Titan staff with porterage
- Services of an experienced Titan tour manager
- Scheduled TAP Portugal flights
- Best available coaches with experienced drivers
- Hotel porterage (one bag per person)
- All airport taxes, security charges and applicable fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
There could not be a more perfect complement to a Douro River cruise on the Spirit of Chartwell than a stay at Pousada de Amares, a beautifully restored 12th century monastery, that became rich due to its Royal connection. Indeed, inside the imposing granite structure, one can see five statues of Kings of Portugal.
The Pousada’s enviable location is ideal for our included and optional excursions or activities such as bird watching, fishing and walks in the beautiful surrounding countryside. Or simply relax by the outdoor swimming pool.
The Pousada’s restaurant, the Convent’s Kitchen, serves fine local cuisine in an environment fit for a Queen. There are 32 air-conditioned rooms. Each room has a safe, mini-bar, bathrobes, hairdryer, desk, telephone and cable TV. The Pousada won a certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor in 2012.
International flights from regional airports are available* or choose a free connecting flight to London, with home transfers all included.
Please call 0800 988 5823 for more information.
*Subject to flight schedules and availability.
UPGRADE TO TAP AIR PORTUGAL EXECUTIVE CLASS FROM £97pp rtn*
Benefit from the following, available on all 2015 departures:
• Differentiated Check-in, Fast Track and Priority Boarding and Dis-embarkation
• Lounge Access in both the UK and Portugal.
• 2 x pieces of Hold Luggage x 32KG and 16KG Hand Luggage
• Dedicated cabin with a 32” seat pitch and 22” seat width with on board service including a choice of entrées.
TAP Executive 32” Seat Pitch 22” Seat Width 15.5 degree Seat Recline 2 - 3 Seat Configuration
*The above supplement is strictly subject to ad-hoc availability