- Best Seller
- VIP door-to-door travel service
- Tour Manager
- Included Excursions
- Selected meals included
Sicily, at the geographical and historical heart of the Mediterranean, has been coveted, fought over and colonised for millennia. As such, the island presents a unique culture, best exhibited in its architecture, language and cuisine, which bears the stamp of the Phoenicians, Athenians, Romans, Arabs, Normans, Byzantines and Bourbons. This comprehensive exploration introduces you to Sicily’s best-known treasures, including its superbly well-preserved Greek temples, legendary Mount Etna and splendid Monreale Cathedral.
- 9 nights in hotels (accommodation as specified or similar)
- 16 meals: 9 breakfasts (days 2-10) 7 dinners (days 1, 2, 4 and 6-9)
- VOX portable audio headset system on excursions
Included excursions and visits: 13
- Tour of Syracuse with local guide
- Visit to Aci Castello and Catania
- Visit Cefalù
- Visit Monreale
- Visit Palermo
- Tours of Segesta and Selinunte with local guide
- Guided visit to the Valley of the Temples
- Tour of Roman Villa at Piazza Armerina with guide
- Tour of Taormina with local guide including the Greek theatre and Alcantara Gorge
- Visit Mount Etna
- Visit to Catina Murgo winery for a tasting of wine and local produce
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP Home Departure Service®
- Check-in service by Titan staff with porterage
- Services of an experienced Titan tour manager
- Scheduled British Airways direct flights
- Best available coaches with experienced drivers
- Hotel porterage (one bag per person)
- All airport taxes, security charges and applicable fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
|Late Availability Departures|
|From Price*||To book one of the below departures please book online or call 0800 988 5819|
|£1,579||20/06/2017 | 27/06/2017|
|*Prices are per person based on two people sharing and they are subject to availability.|
Europe’s largest and most active volcano, Mount Etna, has a recorded history of eruptions dating back to 1500BC. Constant low level emissions mean that explosive eruptions endangering the 25% of the island’s population that live on its slopes are infrequent and, thanks to its fascination for travellers and its richly fertile volcanic soil, this 3km-high icon is Sicily’s single biggest source of income. An excursion to Etna reveals an enthralling geological story and stunning views.
The Valley of the Temples
Recognised with UNESCO World Heritage status in 1998, Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples is a globally signifi cant archaeological site. Here are collected the ruins of the great temples of ancient Akragas, one of the leading cities of Magna Graecia during the so-called ‘Golden Age’ of Ancient Greece and lauded by the lyric poet Pindar as the “most beautiful of mortal cities” - amongst them the temples of Hera, Heracles (Hercules), Zeus, Castor and Pollux. The romantically ruined temples and their picturesque setting have inspired countless generations of artists and writers from Virgil to Goethe, Alexander Dumas to E M Forste.
Fly From Your Local Airport
International flights from regional airports are available* or choose a free connecting flight to London, with home transfers all included.
Please call 0800 988 5823 for more information.
*Subject to flight schedules and availability.