- VIP door-to-door travel service
- All inclusive
- Free UK domestic flights
- Included Excursions
The Danube, through its rich history has remained timeless and truly enchanting. With a backdrop of Austrian Alps, lush vineyards give way to regal cities, ancient castles and hilltop villages, this river has been the inspiration to countless musicians, artists and poets over the centuries. Waltz your way along the Danube, sailing from one captivating city to the next, discovering charming villages in Austria’s stunning Wachau Valley along the way.
- 7 nights all-inclusive cruise on the S.S. Maria Theresa
- 20 meals: 7 breakfasts (days 2-8) 6 lunches (days 2-7) 7 dinners (days 1-7)
- Unlimited drinks on board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, speciality coffee, tea and mineral water (excludes premium wine and premium spirits)
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions and Gala Dinners
- All gratuities on board and ashore
- Portable audio headset system on excursions
- All entertainment plus signature lectures
- Shore excursions in the company of English-speaking local expert guides
Included excursions and visits: 6
- Choice of Budapest city tour or exclusive ‘Do as the Locals Do’ Budapest walking tour or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ Budapest bike tour
- Bratislava walking discovery tour
- Choice of exclusive ‘Morning with the Masters’ at Kunsthistorisches Museum or exclusive ‘Do as the Locals Do’ Vienna walking tour, and exclusive ‘Royal Anniversary’ Mozart and Strauss Concert at a Viennese Palace
- Dürnstein ‘Village Day’ with choice of exclusive Nikolaihof wine estate visit and tasting or exclusive saffron workshop with village stroll or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ Wachau Valley bicycle ride, and Melk Abbey with library visit
- Choice of full day Salzburg (lunch not provided) or Linz town and country: opera house and cider farm visit
- Choice of Passau walking discovery tour with St Stephan’s organ concert or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ bicycle ride along the Inn River or exclusive guided ‘Go Active’ hiking along the Ilz River
Plus all these benefits:
- Titan’s VIP Home Departure Service®
- Free connecting flights from regional airports
- Scheduled direct flights
- All transfers
- Airport taxes, security charges and fuel surcharges
- UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)
Elisabeth von Trapp, the granddaughter of the legendary Maria and Baron von Trapp, whose story inspired The Sound of Music, will share the “sounds of music” with guests on a choice of 2015 itineraries for departures from May to September.
Von Trapp has continued the legacy of the internationally renowned Trapp family singers, captivating audiences with an artistic passion that transcends both time and culture, and Uniworld passengers will be able to enjoy performances that highlight her unique and expressive style including iconic Sound of Music melodies.
Guests sailing on the 8-day Enchanting Danube itinerary, from Budapest to Passau, will be able to join Elisabeth von Trapp in Salzburg at the Mirabell Chapel as she performs highlights from The Sound of Music. A highlight of the cruise will also be the chance for guests to participate in a sing-along of “Do-Re-Mi” at the famed Mirabell garden where the original scene was filmed. Elisabeth will also be performing a range of Gregorian chants, 12th-century mystic Hildegard of Bingen tunes, some early American hymns and her own original compositions.
Titan, in conjunction with Uniworld, is offering two special hosted departures with Elisabeth von Trapp of the 8-day Enchanting Danube cruise on 26th July from £2,449 per person or departing on 2 August from £2,679 per person. Cost includes flights, 7 night full board cruise on board the River Beatrice, transfers, excursions with English speaking guides, onshore performance and an on-board "Evening Sing-Along", unlimited complimentary drinks, gratuities, Wi-Fi, taxes and Titan’s VIP Home Departure Service.